Working Moms

where are my working moms of 3?

I know there are a few on here.

What is life like? Do you have all 3 in daycare/preschool or are some in 'real' school? Is life much more complicated than with 2?

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: where are my working moms of 3?

• Are congratulations in order?! :-)

I went straight from 1 to 3, so I can't really answer how much more complicated it is.  Now you & H will be outnumbered, which can make it challenging. 

All 3 of ours are in daycare, and DD1 attends 2 day preschool.  Once we got settled into a routine, life got easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSoldiersGreenBean:

Are congratulations in order?! :-)

This!!!!!! ????

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    imageSoldiersGreenBean:

Are congratulations in order?! :-)

This!!!!!! ????

This!

I work PT, and my third is only 3 months old.  We have a babysitter here in the mornings while I work, so I don't have to get all three ready every day.  My oldest is in preschool three afternoons a week.  

Having a baby is just hard.  There is less time to sleep.  There isn't any time between about 5am and midnight that all three are sleeping anymore, and the baby is up at night.  When DH is here, he may take two kids, but that still leaves me with one. 

On the other hand, my third baby has just been a joy.  I have almost no stress about taking care of her, and she seems like no work after having toddlers.  I take her almost everywhere I can because I just love to have her around.   The boys love her.  My parents love her.   She is just wonderful and beautiful and perfect, and we get to enjoy that because we aren't worried about solids and schedules and tummy time and all of the stuff you do with your first.

• I think I had unrealistic expectations about adding #3.  I honestly thought that after having twins I could fold another baby into our family with few problems.  While I was definitely more confident with number three adding another person changed the rhythm of the family.  But, eventually we found a new rhythm and now I can't imagine it any other way.

My twins were 26 months old when #3 arrived so all three were at an in-home day care for a few weeks.  We quickly switched to a nanny though b/c getting three out of the house in the morning - as well as myself - was more stressful than it needed to be.

I have two heading off to kindergarten next year and one starting preschool.  It will be our first time dealing with getting kids to different locations which should be interesting.  But I know it will get easier when all three are at the same school in a couple of years.

I also switched to part-time when #3 was about 15 months old.  I found there just weren't enough hours in the day for me.  Reducing my hours has been a great thing for our family.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Well my baby is only three months and I've got a few more weeks of maternity leave left, but so far adding a third hasn't been too bad.  It's hard adding a baby to the family no matter which baby it is because babies are needy and have different needs than the rest of the family.  My oldest is in kindergarten and the younger two will go to a licensed in home daycare and I do all drop offs and pick ups because of DHs work schedule.   I think it will be slightly more crazy in the am, but I've been doing most of it every morning on leave since #1 is in school and we are doing pretty good getting everyone up and ready.  If I could work part time i would in a heartbeat...
    Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • No, no congrats needed yet LOL. Just thinking/pondering.  We are (slowly) getting to a place where it's even financially feasible, and I never wanted a large gap between my kids. It hit me when a friend announced her BFP/due date that if I got pg now my DS would be nearly 4 when the baby is born, and I never wanted more then 5 years between kids. Just making me think, KWIM.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • It's fun, crazy, hectic, sometimes aggravating, but almost always funny if you have the right attitude towards the craziness.

Our oldest is 5 and is in all day kindergarten.  The 3 year-old and 7 month old are watched by my younger sister in her home.

For us, the baby has fit into our routine pretty well.  What has really been a bigger change for us has been our oldest being in all day school with homework, fundraisers, school activities, etc.  Hanging out with the baby is fun, selling school raffle tickets for my son's school, not so much.

Sully has added such great things to our family that I definitely wouldn't have it any other way even though it's a lot some days.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Me! Yeah, it's definitely more complicated for us but we make it work.

We have 3 drop-offs and 3 pick-ups. My oldest is in full-day kindergarten and goes to the before/after-school program at his elementary. My middle is at a preschool/daycare center, but he'll be going to pre-k at the elementary school next fall. My youngest is at a small in-home daycare.

The H and I split morning/evening duty because that works best for our schedules. I do all the morning drop-offs (plus wake them up, get dressed, etc.) and he does pick-ups (plus start dinner, bath, etc.). We keep a strict routine all week, that helps keep things sane. I have a 45-minute commute, which kinda sucks, but I also have a lot of flexibility at my job and can work from home when I need to, which is vital to making this work.

It's super busy with everyone going in different directions, sometimes with different vacation days and holidays, but I tell myself it's temporary and will continue to get easier as they get older (I hope...).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic March 2006 * January 2008 * April 2010
  • Life is pretty hectic for us right now, but I've only been back at work for a little more than a month.  Our oldest is turning 5 next month, middle is 3 and baby is 4 months. 

We have two drop-off/pickups.  Our older 2 are in a Montessori preschool and our baby is in a daycare until she's 18 months - when she'll join her brothers in their preschool.  By then our oldest will just be finishing their private kindergarten and we'll have a few glorious months over that summer where they're all in the same place. 

It's getting easier with time, but we still feel like we're doing something every minute of every day.. but it's OK because it's generally a good chaos.  That said, middle child broke his leg this past weekend so we've needed to come up with a new routine on the fly.  Me having a very flexible job/understanding boss has really helped.  I've been working hard on my go with the flow-ness, which is required at this stage I think!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've only been back to work all of 2 days since returning after #3, so keep that in mind.

DD1 is in Kindergarten from 8 - 3

DS is in preschool twice a week from 9 - 2

DD2 is home.

Now, what should be going on is that we have a nanny hear at the house who can pick up/drop off the kids to/from school and have DD2 during full workdays. HOWEVER....DH lost his job so right now he is "Mr. Mom". One thing that would make life so much easier had we thought about it is to purchase a home 1 block over so that DD1 could take the bus. Where we live, it's WAY too far to walk. Next year I have my fingers crossed to get DS in a new preschool that would be 3 days a week instead of 2.

What's more complicated is simply the juggling that goes on right now. My 6 and 3 year old are simply on more similar schedules in terms of bedtime, I bath them together, they eat dinner with us, etc. The baby wants to go to sleep by 6/6:30 so I will admit the "witching hour" in our house can be rough. Overall we make it work.

• I went from 1 to 3, so i have no idea what it's like compared to 2 :)

mine are all in daycare. I work a job share - so i only work 2-3 days a week.  The twins go to daycare 2 days/week and the 3rd day that I work every other week my mom watches them (saves us like $500/month!!).  My older son goes 3 days/week to daycare - b/c it's a full preK class.  he'll be in K next year.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • sjpsjp member
    imagelasposa425:
    Thanks for posting this! I'll be a working mom of 3 soon and these responses were helpful :)
    This!
    BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"