November 2011 Moms
Options

LO started refusing a bottle....wtf

Ugh! I am in need of a break but LO won't take a bottle anymore. My mom watched him 2 weeks ago so we could go to a baseball game and he didn't eat for 5 hours. She said he cried for an hour. I didn't give him a bottle for about 4-5 days and now it seems like he forgot to use one. I've been trying all week and yesterday I tried 4 seperate times and he just won't take it. Today I tried twice and nothing. He did finally take to his pacifier but I quickly pulled it out and stuck the bottle in and he took 2 drinks then stopped.

DD has a field trip to the aquarium on Friday and I'm suppose to chaperone. I have to tell her teacher that I won't be able to go afterall because of LO. DD cried about it because she wanted me to go so bad. I'm super bummed as well.

Anybody had this problem and fixed it? I've tried doing fresh pumped milk, frozen milk, formula, and heating up the nipple under warm water.

Re: LO started refusing a bottle....wtf

• Options

D1 never had a problem with a bottle but wouldn't take one from me.  D2 did have a problem with taking a bottle and again, screamed bloody murder if I tried to give it to her.  That was DH's battle to fight.  He just kept at it and she finally took it. 

We found the playtex brown nipples worked for her but it still took a few tries to get her to agree to it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with PP about having DH try.  We haven't had an issue, but I've heard that some babies won't take it from Mom since they know she has the real goods!  Good luck and I hope it gets better.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are also dealing with this...  DS would take a bottle with no issues until last week then he absolutely refused.    But I had a bottle hater before so I was determined not to do that again so we've been trying a bottle every day.  The milk and nipple have to be pretty hot or he will refuse.  And the bottle giver has to be standing and walking.  Sitting down and he refuses...  Whatever you do don't BF right after a bottle refusal because he will associate crying at the bottle with getting the boob. 

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"