Two Under 2
Options

***mamabear***

Hi!  Someone on the SAHM board said I should page you. I had hypermesis with my two kids (oral zofran and a few trips to the hospital for IVs with DS, a zofran pump with DD, and phenegran with both).  I am really wanting one more child, but I am so nervous about how I will take care of both kids if I am that sick again. The pump made me functional, but I am still nervous. I was told you had success with some treatments to help with hypermesis?  Is that right? Thanks for any info you can give me.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: ***mamabear***

• Options
    Yes, I did have problems with my first three pregnancies.  The pump allowed me to function (just as you did) but I still felt awful a lot of time, I just didn't actually throw up (which is still a plus right?!) and I could eat some foods.  To completely cure my issues though I ended up seeing a chiropractor.  That is where I lose most people, so I won't be offended if you don't take my advise.  When your spine is misaligned it doesn't send signals properly, causing issues, when realignment is established everything flows "properly".  I managed to conceive baby #4 and not realize I was even pregnant until I was 16 weeks because didn't even feel nauseous or ANYTHING...I felt like a new person!  This past pregnancy went just as well.  When I started going to the chiropractor I was going three times a week, that lasted about 3 months, then 2 times per week (etc.) now I go one time ever two weeks for a "tune up".  I hope that helps, and good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I can't even imagine being pregnant for 16 weeks and not know it!!!  That is incredible.  Forgive me because I know very little about going to a chiropractor (and I am certainly not opposed). So, did you start going after you had #3, but before you got pregnant again?  I can't begin to tell you how much I want a 3rd baby and the major hold up is my hypermesis.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had a thought - I have mild scoloisis. Wonder if that contributes to it?
  • Options

imagetrizzie:
    I just had a thought - I have mild scoloisis. Wonder if that contributes to it?

That might be a contributing factor.  I started going to the chiropractor when #3 was about 2 months old. I have a several back issues that I decided to finally deal with, I wasn't even going for the hyperemisis, but once I started learning all about the spine and the nerves attached to it everything made sense.  I honestly didn't think it would phase my hyperemesis issue, but when I found out I was pg at 16 weeks I was SOLD!

• Options
    Well, you have sold me!  Thank you so much. I am going to give it a shot!!
  • Options
    Good luck, keep me posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"