Houston Babies
Options

Rhys Alexander or Ryan Alexander

Hello,

I have posted this question on the baby name forum but wanted to get input from parents in the Houston area.

We are trying to decide between two names for our son. The choices are:

Rhys Alexander L (French last name)

Ryan Alexander L (French last name)

The other boards have overwhelming selected Rhys and I love the name because of its meaning, historical Welsh spelling, and that it contains the letters R and H like my husbands name.  However, I wanted to know from parents in the Houston area if they think that it is not common enough in our area and will be considered too out there. 

Thank you in advance for your help!! 

TTC Since September 2009; 4/10 Miscarriage at 6weeks; Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011; 4/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 5/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 6/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 7/11: TI = BFN; 8/11: TI = BFN; 9/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 10/22/11: IUI#1; 11/4/11:IUI#1 = BFN; 11/16/11: IUI#2; 11/29/11: BFP on HPT!; 12/5/11: Beta#1=437@19DPO; 12/7/11: Beta#2=861@21DPO; 12/9/11: Beta#3=1648@23DPO; 12/13/11: Beta#4=4867@27DPO BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rhys Alexander or Ryan Alexander

• Options
    I know how to pronounce it. It may require some correcting for some folks, but if you love it, you love it!
  • Options

imagemelrrr:
    I know how to pronounce it. It may require some correcting for some folks, but if you love it, you love it!

I like Rhys but Ryan isn't bad either. Go with your gut.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Rhys! I've known a girl and a boy! Cute name.
  • Options
    My DH really wanted to use the name Rhys if our baby was a boy (we're having a DD). I like it and have a ton of "name rules."
  • Options
    I have met a little boy Rhys! Very Cuty. Ryan is also a good pick too!
  • Options

I shouldn't be allowed a vote because one of my boys is named Ryan. :)

Rhys is too out there for my taste, but that's why I have kids named William and Ryan! I prefer super traditional names that area easy to spell and pronounce. If you love Rhys, you should definitely go for it. Just understand that you will have to spell and/or pronounce it for people quite a bit.

• Options
    imageTexasPaige:

I shouldn't be allowed a vote because one of my boys is named Ryan. :)

Rhys is too out there for my taste, but that's why I have kids named William and Ryan! I prefer super traditional names that area easy to spell and pronounce. If you love Rhys, you should definitely go for it. Just understand that you will have to spell and/or pronounce it for people quite a bit.

I do, too, but Rhys is actually the correct, traditional spelling of Reece/Reese, not a you-nique spelling or anything like that.

DH's main client for the last several years is a British company so all of his boy name suggestions were British, Welsh, and Scottish, LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"