November 2011 Moms
Options

I survived 4 month shots

L had his 4 month well baby visit this morning. He weighs 13 lbs 1 oz, is 24 inches long, and has a head that is 41 cm around. Considering that he was 6 weeks pre-term, he's a pretty good size string bean! :) He was prescribed a steroid cream for his eczema, it's gotten worse since his 2 month well baby visit. :( Poor boy inherited his Mommy's skin. Yikes. He got his regular shots, 3 in the leg and 1 by mouth. He sucked down the oral vaccine really easy, it tastes sweet apparently. Then he screamed while he got the sticks. Once he was done and I picked him up, he was over it. I gave him Tylenol before the appointment, like I did last time, and he went right to sleep in his car seat while we waited for prescription. Woke him up to feed him when we got home, he ate like usual, then went right back to sleep. Now he's all snuggled up on his blanket on the couch. Looks like we're in for a sleepy afternoon...
Because you're mine, I walk the line....
Landry Mark: 11/5/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I survived 4 month shots

• Options

Aw, he is such a big boy! DD weighed 13 lbs last Monday when she went to the doctor for a cold (15.5 wks). She was a week overdue! 

We have the 4 month visit next week. I'm happy to hear he's doing okay. DD did good with the 3 month ones until later in the evening when she cried nonstop. I am not looking forward to this round. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aww, glad he did so good with his shots! Mine had issues with the 2 month shots. So, like PP, I'm not looking forward to that part of our 4 month check up. Just some unsolicted advice about the eczema. I had a VERY bad flare up during my second and third trimester, and it was recommended from the dermatologist that I use CeraVe lotion products (in addition to the prescription). It's the only thing I can use. A friend of mine has an 8 month old son who also has a problem with eczema. I told her to use CeraVe on him, and it cleared right up. Other products showed some relief, but this was the only thing to work for him. CeraVe makes a wash as well as lotion and of course it's safe to use on baby's skin. Here's a link to the website: https://cerave.com/?gclid=CK2XsufNv64CFUMRNAodWyDsLw

Should you go looking for it at the store, it's not found with the regular lotions. You'll find it with facial wash products. GL, I hope he gets relief soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great that he did so good with the 4 month shots.  DD hated the oral vaccine at her 2 month check up, she cried while she was eating it, we all laughed since it was obviously the least painful to take!  
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Administering Tylenol before the shots is a great idea. Last time I waited until afterwards.
    DD born 11/20/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"