VBAC

Preconception appt next week. Am I a VBAC candidate?

I go on Monday next week to have my IUD removed (any experience with that, please share) and I want to ask about VBAC. I had my son by c/s in 2006 due to large baby size (he was 8lb 7 oz at 38 weeks) and high blood pressure. I honestly think the blood pressure was due to traumatic circumstances in my then marriage. (My ex had left me two weeks before my son was born.)

I'm in a great marriage now, am much healthier in general, and would love to have a VBAC if we're fortunate enough to get pg. What should I be sure to ask my Dr next week? Thanks so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Preconception appt next week. Am I a VBAC candidate?

• I would find out your OBs VBAC success rate, as well as the hospital's success rate for VBACs. Find out the procedures allowed by your doc/hospital. Will they induce? Break water? Give pitocin if you stall? etc. And just try to get a feel for if your OB is VBAC friendly.

If you sense animosity toward VBAC, its a good time to start searching for a different provider. 

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Good luck to you!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"