Parenting
Options

Organic Brown Rice Syrup and Arsenic?

Have we discussed this?

https://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/16/10425025-high-arsenic-levels-found-in-organic-foods-baby-formula

Apparently, high levels of arsenic have been found in foods that list organic brown rice syrup as a primary ingredient.

Will this change your purchasing habits? I looked in my cupboard and found we have cereal bars and other things that have the brown rice syrup in it.

Re: Organic Brown Rice Syrup and Arsenic?

• Options
    We don't eat grains at home but ds will typically have something like an organic cereal bar or crackers when he's at the grandparents or at daycare. Many of those have brown rice syrup. I buy them not just because they're organic, but because they don't contain soy which pretty much all other packaged products have (ds is allergic). He gets it so infrequently, I'm not super worried about it. However, if I can find a suitable alternative product that doesn't contain it, I'd definitely opt for that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My daughter has been on Baby's Only Organic Lactose-Free formula since she was 4 months old. We are about to start weaning in a few weeks, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

I'm wondering if this new aresenic obsession (apple juice, organic brown rice syrup) is maybe being blown out of proportion...

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"