May 2011 Moms

Does the Ferber method work?

I have consider using the Ferber method for my daughter. Who all has tried and did it work or not? And how long did it take for your baby to start falling asleep on their own without crying? 

Re: Does the Ferber method work?

• It's worked for both my kids and they both stopped crying after 3/4 nights.  DD still does not sleep through the night, but she doesn't need me to sooth her to sleep at all after her early am bottle.  They both went down by themselves after using it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD's sleep improved tremendously after the first night.  It took a couple more nights to cut out all night wakings.  I definitely credit her STTN consistently now and napping well to Ferberizing at 6.5 months.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • When did you start using it? I'm just now thinking about it and she's 9 months but she's my first and I probably should have done something sooner but it's hard. We both work full time and I'm still breast feeding. I don't care if she sleeps through the night just want her to sleep at least 5 or 6 hours before getting up. She likes to sleep on my chest and eat when she wants and when she's not with me I'm lucky if I get 2 hours in a row. It's usually just an hour. I just have to get some sleep! 
  • imagearevans31:
    When did you start using it? I'm just now thinking about it and she's 9 months but she's my first and I probably should have done something sooner but it's hard. We both work full time and I'm still breast feeding. I don't care if she sleeps through the night just want her to sleep at least 5 or 6 hours before getting up. She likes to sleep on my chest and eat when she wants and when she's not with me I'm lucky if I get 2 hours in a row. It's usually just an hour. I just have to get some sleep! 

I work full-time and am still breastfeeding too.  We started somewhere between 6-6.5 months.  We had to start almost from scratch a few times after traveling, sickness, etc., but she's 9 months old today and very consistent in her routine. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Ok thanku very much! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"