January 2012 Moms
Options

Swimming

Taking a 6 week old swimming is a different experience!  We never took our oldest swimming until about 4 months I think so she could hold her head up and we could "sit" her in the pool, so today was a new one for us!  It was fun though and the first time we had gone to the new pool that opened up here in December.  We will definately be going again soon!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

Re: Swimming

• Options
    I took my 6 week old swimming also, however i had a different experience. He got cold very quickly. The pool was heated just not enough i guess. Poor little guy was shiveringit was sad. I will be waiting a while before trying again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooo.....this makes me excited.  I had thought I would have to wait until she was older.  I thought the chlorine would be too drying for a baby.  I might have to go to the hot springs just down the road soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is probably a really stupid question.. but what do you put newborns in to go swimming? Do they have swimming diapers that small? And a little bathing suit/trunks? I'm a FTM and I've never heard of taking such a young baby swimming so sorry if I sound dumb!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We just used the small sized huggies swim diapers (they were way to big for length, but would still have caught the poop if she had done so) and a 3 -6 month swimsuit.  I'm sure they make 0-3 month suits, we just don't have one.  It was a little big on her, but it still works! 

As for the chlorine, well our pool uses salt water instead of chlorine, so the dry skin and chemical issue is non-existant.  I actually haven't swam in a chlorinated pool in a long time since most up here are salt water.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"