Pre-School and Daycare

Tummy pain after eating

My four year old son complains that his tummy hurts after he eats - doesn't seem to matter what he eats, but he has consistenly commented that his tummy hurts after every meal and snack for the past week or so.  No other signs of pain, it seems to go away after a little while.  Any thoughts?  Should I take him in to see his doc?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tummy pain after eating

• My DD does this too. I chalk it up to her stomach being too full. She quits complaining about 30 minutes after the meal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Any chance he's just saying it to say it?  DD was doing something like that recently.  She'd say her tummy hurt, but it almost seemed like she heard me say it (probably many times lately) and was just saying it for something to say.  It got a reaction out of me the first time, and I guess she kept going.  

Is he constipated?  Even if he's pooped recently, maybe he's still a little backed up.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was complaining of stomach pain though more frequently.  We tried her on acid reflux (which could be what is causing pain after eating) and didn't do anything.  Eventual diagnosis was functional stomach pain -- basically she gets stomachaches which are kind of the same thing as headaches in adults.  The pain in real but there is no specific cause.  I think it never hurts to consult a dr on this and I went as far as to take her to the pediatric gastro who helped fish a quarter out of her stomach.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"