Upstate NY Babies
Options

Pre-Preg Clothes?

I have a lot of clothes that still don't fit me yet, and a big portion of them are jeans and pants.( Shirts I have better luck with.) but some of the pants/jeand I haven't gotten into since before T was born. I just keep hanging onto them with the hope that someday I'll fit into them again. Lately I'm feeling like I should just get rid of them but DH says keep them a little longer. How long would you or have you kept clothes that don't fit??
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pre-Preg Clothes?

• Options
    With the first baby, I was back in pre-preg clothes in probably 3-6 months.  Second baby I want to say it was more like a year.  I had to get motivated to work out again, and between BFing and being so tired overall, I was not in any shape to work out.
  • Options
    If you think they can fit someday, then I would keep them.  Some stuff you may know will most likely never fit again so get rid of those.  I hate buying new clothes, and yet hate holding on to stuff I'm not using, so it is a battle I have too.  I can't wait to get rid of my maternity stuff - but I'm still wearing the shirts because I need the length.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will say though, my body did change.. I think my hips stayed wider.  I would rather just be realistic and I tossed the super tight stuff (like my prior 'skinny jeans').  I think too some of the styles sort of changed in the past 5 years where stuff is a lot longer now.  I got rid of all the shirts that tend to ride up or show my belly, since I am not exactly trying to show off my stomach and it isn't really a "mom" thing.
  • Options
    I kept mine last time for a year....and was pregnant again :).  I will keep them for a year.  I plan on getting a bunch of new clothes (have already started), so I will most likely get rid of some of them, even if they fit, because it had been awhile since I had bought some new clothes, so they are pretty worn.  Funny thing is, my pants fit ok, it is my shirts that I have an issue with...they are all too short...
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a huge bin of stuff that sat in the basement until I recently went back to work. I went through it all and most of the pants fit, but a lot of the shirts (button down dress shirts) didn't fit right. I took anything that was out of style or didn't fit to the goodwill. I do still have a few pairs of jeans that don't fit that I am hoping to get into someday. They are all more expensive/designer brands that I will probably consign if I don't get into them soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"