Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

reclining umbrella stroller?

I'm looking for a comfortable lightweight umbrella stroller to take on vacation.  I would like one that reclines so that DS can lay in to nap while in the airport.  Anyone have a recomendation?

It needs to be small enough that we can gate check it...not sure what the dimensions are for checking, but I think our city mini is too big.

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: reclining umbrella stroller?

• Options

Chicco Liteway is what we have for an umbrella stroller.  It is a great stroller.

We flew recently and I brought my B-Ready and gate checked it with no problem...so I think you can pretty much have any size.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They will gate check any stroller. I travelled before with my big Graco stroller with no problems. My last trip I bought this stroller: https://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Stroller-City-Chic/dp/B002WB2G9I/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1330290370&sr=1-1 (guess I can't insert link with the iPad)

I paid $38 and was pretty happy with it. It doesn't fully recline but my 18 month old napped just fine. My friends were on the same trip with me and their gate-checked stroller was damaged. I was happy that I had an inexpensive stroller so I didn't have to worry about it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think American Airlines is the only one that has restrictions on gate checking a stroller. Anyways, we used the Britax Blink stroller for travel last fall and it fits what you're looking for.
    Photobucket Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    The Uppa Baby G-Luxe is a light weight stroller that reclines. If you're going to gate check it, I recommend buying the travel bag (so that you cup holder isn't ripped off).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would totally gate check the City Mini. It isn't too big at all. I just prefer gate checking my strollers in the travel bags because of dirt and they're sometimes rough and break them. I'd just get the travel bag when you get to the gate throw it in and hand it off.
  • Options
    Ditto the City Mini. I've gate checked my Chariot in the travel bag, and never had issues. It's 3 times the size folded. But, that was on Canadian carriers too, so I can't say for any of the others.
  • Options

imageGirlWithTheMostCake:
    I would totally gate check the City Mini. It isn't too big at all. I just prefer gate checking my strollers in the travel bags because of dirt and they're sometimes rough and break them. I'd just get the travel bag when you get to the gate throw it in and hand it off.

Another reason I'm afraid to check my city mini, I'd be pretty ticked if my $240 stroller got broken.  Wouldn't be as upset it if it were a $60 stroller.

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"