Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Help! I smell

hi everyone.. I am lurking over here from 1st tri. Quick question.. My Toms deodorant is no longer cutting it. All natural, aluminum free recommendations?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help! I smell

• Options

Before this pg I used a duo of Tom's liquid clear deodorant along with their solid. That works for me normally. Here's the thing. While pregnant, and especially during your 1st trimester you have superhuman scent abilities. You are going to smell bad to yourself. At least I do. I allow myself some antiperspirant a couple times a week (since that stuff stays on you for a long time) and use the Tom's combo the rest of the time. I don't like exposing my baby to that, but if I don't I am gagging at my own body odors. I don't have any suggestions for a different eco-friendly deodorant, but I will say that if you're feeling really ill and your own BO is making you sicker, do what you gotta do.   

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTarta:

Before this pg I used a duo of Tom's liquid clear deodorant along with their solid. That works for me normally. Here's the thing. While pregnant, and especially during your 1st trimester you have superhuman scent abilities. You are going to smell bad to yourself. At least I do. I allow myself some antiperspirant a couple times a week (since that stuff stays on you for a long time) and use the Tom's combo the rest of the time. I don't like exposing my baby to that, but if I don't I am gagging at my own body odors. I don't have any suggestions for a different eco-friendly deodorant, but I will say that if you're feeling really ill and your own BO is making you sicker, do what you gotta do.   

Good luck! 

Truer words have never been written. Do what you need for 1st tri, then reevaluate once your nausea abates.

• Options

Tom's made me smell far worse than I would with no deodorant at all.

I really like Crystal Deodorant.  It's cheap (<$5 for a stick that'll last a very long time) and it works great but it's only a deodorant and not an antiperspirant.  It's not an issue for me, but for those that sweat more (and are self-conscious about it) it may be.

• Options

Yep, I noticed that I smell, too!  And it's not just me smelling it.  I told DH the other day, "I smell".  He didn't believe me, stuck his nose in my pit and took a huge nose hit that nearly brought tears to his eyes!  lol.  After he recovered, he went in for another whiff and confirmed that I did, indeed, stink!

For deoderant I usually mix sea salt and baking soda with distilled water in a spritz bottle. I've added Young Living OIls Lavender and Purification blend essential oils to the mix and that seems to have helped!

• Options
    I use the liquid version of the crystal stick. Even with all my extra preg-sweat, I notice a big difference.
  • Options
    imageSinafey:

I really like Crystal Deodorant.  It's cheap (<$5 for a stick that'll last a very long time) and it works great but it's only a deodorant and not an antiperspirant.  It's not an issue for me, but for those that sweat more (and are self-conscious about it) it may be.

exactly this!

• Options

imageMamasaurus:
    I use the liquid version of the crystal stick. Even with all my extra preg-sweat, I notice a big difference.

^^ this is actually why I started making my own.  I looked at the ingredients and noticed it was just mineral salts and water (with fragrance if you buy scented).

• Options
    I also switched from Tom's stick to Tom's crystal liquid deodorant.  I have tried to use a regular Tom's stick or other stick deodorant since then and feel so sticky and gross.  I don't think I'll ever go back from crystal deodorant!
  • Options
    I use homemade deodorant with coconut oil, baking soda and corn starch.  It works better for me than any other deodorant I have used.  You can also add a couple drops of EO if you want.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

imageMamasaurus:

This is what I use - Love the stuff.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageSinafey:

I always smelled worse too! My husband used to hug me and say, "I guess Tom's in Maine right now?" haha

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"