Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

What did you hang over the changing table?

Just curious what you all did. I don't really have a strong opinion for one thing over another: mirror, shelf, pictures? If you have a picture of yours I would love to see it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What did you hang over the changing table?

• Options
    Oh and ours will actually be a dresser with the changing pad on top (my option of mirror might make more sense now )
  • Options
    A friend of mine suggested hanging a mobile over the changing table instead of the crib, so baby will have something to distract him during changings. So I think I'm going to try that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to brag b/c I did the cutest thing. My mom kept buying me baby shoes that I knew LO would never wear, do I bought s bunch of cute picture frames, painted them all the same color, and hung just the frame on the wall with command strips. Then I used little cup hooks and ribbon to display the baby shoes in each frame. Wish I knew how to add a picture in my post cause it is super cute!!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    That sounds so cute! If you ever figure out how to post a pic (sorry I don't know how either), I would love to see it
  • Options
    We have a paper butterfly mobile over the dresser with the changer. We have little butterflies on the wall too but my LO loves looking at the paper butterflies when she gets changed!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A mobile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we did a dresser with a change pad on top, and I made dd a bird mobile to go above it. It was a great idea... it occupied her enough for her to sit still up til she was almost 18 months old. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We had a similar changing table set up and I hung a paper butterfly mobile over it.  I would blow on it to make it move while changing DD and she loved it!  I also hung pictures of grandparents and DH and my siblings on the wall, so she could see her relatives.  We'd talk about grandma and grandpa, etc.
  • Options
    We have a dresser that will double as our changing area.  There's a mirror on the wall and I'm thinking about making some sort of mobile to hang from the ceiling as well.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a dresser with a changing station on top, and we hung a canvas painting over it.  It's the main wall you see when you enter the room so we wanted something decorative.  Although as we were hanging it, we realized it could be directly in the path of a fountain of pee (we're having a boy) so we'll see how long it makes it before we have to take it down.  Smile

I like the idea of a mobile to keep the baby entertained.

• Options
    Ours is under the window, so we put fun beads on the strings of the blinds (to separate them for safety but also to make them more fun).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMamaAllison:
    I have to brag b/c I did the cutest thing. My mom kept buying me baby shoes that I knew LO would never wear, do I bought s bunch of cute picture frames, painted them all the same color, and hung just the frame on the wall with command strips. Then I used little cup hooks and ribbon to display the baby shoes in each frame. Wish I knew how to add a picture in my post cause it is super cute!!

That sounds so cute. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We hung this bunting (from Etsy w/ vintage fabric) on the wall above.

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we have 4 seppia pictures (maternity and newborn)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"