C-sections

This might sound backward but...

I am getting closer and closer to my scheduled date and I am really disappointed. I have gone early twice before and my c-sections were both emergencies. So for me the spinal was a relief to horrible labor pains. And I was do focused on my pain that I didn't have time to over think what was about to happen. I have been praying for this similar situation and to go into labor on my own (not for delusions of a VBAC, I know that won't happen) so I won't freak out about the delivery. It just seems backward to me to go in and undergo the surgery without the sense of urgency from labor. My anxiety is increasing by the minute. Does anyone else feel this way?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This might sound backward but...

• I was nervous about it the 2nd time too.  The 1st time I was in labor and just wanted relief.  The 2nd time was planned.  But, I had so much adrenaline running through me at that point that I didn't care.  The doc was so fast and great about it too. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I understand how you feel.  My first was scheduled, but I didn't know what to expect, and I went into labor before the scheduled date, so I didn't have time to think about things.  This one was scheduled, and I knew what I was going into, so I had a lot of time to think about it, and it wasn't all happy thoughts.  And when the day came, my c-section was delayed by 2 hours because there were some emergencies.  It made me think more about random things, and my ob was very understanding how I was feeling.  (The OR and the anesthesiologist were used by other doctors' patients.)  

However, in the end, it all worked out.  I had my healthy baby, and I'm recovering well so far.  The spinal was quick and painless (literary), and the surgery was also quick and painless.  

Good luck!   

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you posted this. My first CS was more emergent and I was in the middle of deep labor so all I could focus on was not moving while having killer contractions (during the spinal portion). It was nice to have instant relief. (I didn't want an epi and didn't have one with my first but after hearing a CS was inevitable I was like "ok, you can give me something NOW" lol.)

I am worried that this time around, if I make it to the RCS date, that I will focus more on the spinal and it will make it worse. I'm glad to read a pp say the adrenaline took over and it wasn't so bad!

• Thank you for posting this. My first was became and emergencies after 35 hours and my new doctor wants to schedule this one. I am worried about it but I know I will feel better (I won't be tired, hungry and in pain). I was so scared last time. I think it helps to know whats coming. Maybe baby will decide on his own. Last time my water broke just 8 days early.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We were in the process of scheduling my c/s with DD when my water broke at work, so I didn't have a lot of time to get anxious.  I did burst into tears in triage since I had to wait for the OR to open up, but it wasn't like having time to get worked up knowing days in advance exactly when it would happen.  I'm hoping I go into labor on my own this time around so I don't have the risk of freaking out the night before the c/s with anxiety and not sleeping.  My first c/s experience wasn't bad, but surgery is always a scary proposition.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"