Food Allergy

MSPI food question

I have been researching and I am confused with all the foods it says I can eat.  Pasta?  Cheerios? Triscuits?  Is just regular pasta ok or is whole wheat and whole grain pasta ok?  It said ketchup was ok but I thought it's not....

Lilypie - (ovfd)

Re: MSPI food question

• The ingredients is the important thing to check.  We eat whole wheat/grain pasta; generic cherrios; some kinds of Triscuts, Wheat Thins, etc. are okay; ketchup; pasta sause; whatever...

Just check the ingredient label on everything.

For example:  some brands of regular graham crackers are okay for DS to eat, but others are not.  Same goes for different tacos seasonings and jar/can pasta sauces.

For a while, I always went grocery shopping with my list of ingredients to aviod.  It made grocery shopping take a little longer for awhile, until I knew what I was looking for and what items were our new staples, but it was totally worth it to me to not have a sick baby.

GL w/ everything.  You'll get the hang of it.

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • DEPENDS... some pastas may include milk and/or soy and some may not.  You have to find a pasta that is free of milk and soy (many do). 

ketchup should be ok but check the ingredients on the side.

MSPI means "milk soy protein intolerance"  so you have to avoid things that have milk and soy.  Regular cheerios does not have dairy or soy in it so it's safe (but still check the ingredients since they can change at any time).

as long as you check the ingredients on the products than you are ok.   

• Loading the player...
  • imagejandb2011:

The ingredients is the important thing to check.  We eat whole wheat/grain pasta; generic cherrios; some kinds of Triscuts, Wheat Thins, etc. are okay; ketchup; pasta sause; whatever...

Just check the ingredient label on everything.

For example:  some brands of regular graham crackers are okay for DS to eat, but others are not.  Same goes for different tacos seasonings and jar/can pasta sauces.

For a while, I always went grocery shopping with my list of ingredients to aviod.  It made grocery shopping take a little longer for awhile, until I knew what I was looking for and what items were our new staples, but it was totally worth it to me to not have a sick baby.

GL w/ everything.  You'll get the hang of it.

exactly!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"