Food Allergy
Options

Could it be an intolerance?

Yesterday, we took my son to the dr for his two month check up.  He was born at 37 weeks and weighed 6-12 at birth.  He was 8-1 at his one month and yesterday was only at 8-15, which means he's less than 2% for his weight.

My husband was a littler child as was I and the doctor wasn't extremely concerned since he is otherwise happy, healthy, strong, developmentally progressing, etc.  She said he could just be a tiny guy, but we go back in 2 weeks for a weight check.

So of course, I've been obsessing about this since we left and can't help but worry that something isn't right.  I'm totally stuck on the dairy intolerance since I've been hearing and reading so much about it.  He's on Prevacid for reflux but has never been an extremely fussy baby and still isn't.  While his poops aren't bright yellow and seedy like they used to be, I have never noticed blood or green.  They seem to be a darker brownish yellow and maybe look a little slimy at times, but I don't know that I'd call them mucousy. And sorry if this is TMI...

So, my question is - would there be other symptoms that he would be showing if he had an intolerance or does it sound like this is what it could be?  Also, can I just eliminate milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream or do I need to cut out anything that has dairy added (like some granola bars!).  I'm also a vegetarian and have read that soy can contribute, so trying to figure out how to cut all of this out (and if I really need to do it) and still eat enough to keep BFing.  I really am trying to keep from giving formula for as long as I can.

Thanks in advance for your help.  I just need some information to put my mind at rest and feel so confused!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Could it be an intolerance?

• Options
    I'm no expert, but it sounds like your LO is fine.  My MSPI baby was insanely fussy, had a lot of mucous in her poop and streaks of blood.  She would do nothing but scream all day and all night until we took the milk and soy away.  She still gained weight because she would eat.   I think that if your LO was experiencing an intolerance, you would see signs of pain or discomfort or irritation to his GI/digestive system.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

If he's a happy little guy, I wouldn't worry. 

My DS cried constantly and was inconsolable, had mucousy poo, excema, baby "acne", painful gas, vomitted constantly, and had trouble feeding due to the pain.

So unless other things start creeping up, I'd say you're all good!

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"