Washington Babies

What to do In Bellevue/Seattle when you can't drink?

Hi ladies,

So, our favorite thing to do as a couple is go out to various bars and be social. We may go to a nice martini bar, a dive bar, (whatever) but the evening usually involves meeting fun people, drinking, and eating. We are really social that way.

Now that I am preggo though, that is obviously out of the question and I am bored to tears! Any suggestions on fun things to do that don't involve alcohol? I was thinking bowling or something, but I am still waaaaay too tired for that at this point.

Thoughts?

Re: What to do In Bellevue/Seattle when you can't drink?

• Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with a pregnant lady in the bar. Plenty of non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy. I'd keep doing what you enjoy before it gets a lot harder and more expensive (babysitters) after LO arrives
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bar/gastropub - mocktails and good food. Try some place like smith in cap hill or ciccetti in eastlake. Those are some of my favorite places to eat and not booze it up while my friends do.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • imagegreenmtbride:
    Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with a pregnant lady in the bar. Plenty of non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy. I'd keep doing what you enjoy before it gets a lot harder and more expensive (babysitters) after LO arrives

this. i went to bars with our friends still....you can still have fun when you're pregnant.  

• I was going to say Lucky Strike, if you dont feel up to bowling, you could play pool.
  • imagegreenmtbride:
    Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with a pregnant lady in the bar. Plenty of non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy. I'd keep doing what you enjoy before it gets a lot harder and more expensive (babysitters) after LO arrives

This is good advice.  When I was pregnant, they still allowed smoking in bars, so I never went, but now that the air is clean, I don't see any reason not to go.

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • Thanks ladies. I totally agree there's nothing wrong with going in bars when you are pregnant, I just don't always feel like being around a bunch of drunk people when I am sober :)

What are some fun things you and your DH go do for date night?? Just looking for some unusual ideas, I guess.

• We painted pottery once in U-Village.  It was really fun.
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • imageShellyEbs:

Thanks ladies. I totally agree there's nothing wrong with going in bars when you are pregnant, I just don't always feel like being around a bunch of drunk people when I am sober :)

What are some fun things you and your DH go do for date night?? Just looking for some unusual ideas, I guess.

I think I mostly just slept through the entire first trimester?  Ha!  I agree though, it was always a big bummer to watch everyone around me enjoying their various drinks while I sat there with my Sprite.

There is a non-alcoholic beer called Kaliber that has some flavor and nice body.  I can't remember where I had it.  (Maybe your mission can be to sample all the nonalcoholic beers available and have a good laugh while you are at it?)

I guess we kind of switched from Gastropub type places to small ethnic places or deli's that don't have a focus on alcohol?  Thai restaurants, that sort of thing.  I haven't lived in Seattle for a couple years now but I always liked Chaiyo up in Northgate.  Mayuri is a great Indian restaurant over on the East side.  Here in San Diego, we're kind of switching from our favorite brewery, Karl Strauss, to the little Baja-style Fish joints that focus on really, really fresh fish tacos.

• imagebabyaustin725:
    We painted pottery once in U-Village.  It was really fun.

Theres also a pottery painting place in Bellevue crossroads that has a margarita night.. Speaking of bellevue there is an amaaaazing Mediterranean restaurant: Mediterranean kitchen! So good!

My husband & I made a good date out of going to Barnes & noble to look at baby & parenting books that we made a list of and ordered on half.com to save money! 

Good luck!! :)  

baby fruit ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"