Health & Exercise

Juicer recommendation? (and recipes)

I want to buy a juicer and am curious on what I buy. Not looking to spend huge money yet - I am a novice juicer. Looking to use it 1x a day most days of the week. Thoughts on what to buy? Any recipes to share??

TIA! 

~Lisa~
Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Juicer recommendation? (and recipes)

• I just recently started juicing too. And I was like you, I didn't want to invest a lot of money until I was sure I liked it. I bought the Jack Lalanne juicer and its awesome! Its super easy to use and pretty simple to clean. I think it was about $80.

It comes with a book of recipes. But I also found this website that has a ton of info and great recipes:  https://myjuicecleanse.com/

When you're ready to invest a little more, the Breville  juicer is amazing! 

• I use the Jack La Lane express juicer and I absolutely love it!!  I bought it from Bed Bath and Beyond and with my 20% off coupon it was about $80.00.  If you are like me and want a not-so complicated juicer, try this one!  Honestly, I haven't made something I haven't liked :)  I have gone as far as throwing grapes, blue berries, strawberries, pears, and carrots  in the juicer and it tasted awesome! 

Good Luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • I have a Breville mini juicer and I love it. One of the most fun things about a juicer is coming up with all kinds of combos of fruits and veggies to mix. I've never actually had a recipe that I don't like, and it's great for using up produce that is maybe a little wilted. 

Here are some of my favorites:

Carrot, cantaloupe and apple

Pear, spinach/kale, cucumber and apple

Fresh ginger, peach, pineapple 

I love love love straight cucumber juice or straight carrot juice.  

Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
  • The vitamix is the best. it is expensive but well worth it. juicer actually waste a lot of the veggie and fruit. with the vitamix you can put the whole fruit veggie in the machine to make juice. the longer you leave it in there the more liquidfied it becomes. well worth the investment
  • This was all so helpful - thank you!!!
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"