Adoption
Options

Foster Mom Question

Hello All! I have been a long time lurker on this board. My husband and I got licensed for foster care in early December. Today we just said good bye to our second placement. Both of our placements have moved to relative placements shortly after coming here. It is amazing how fast we fall in love with these little kiddos! I want to do something to remember all the kids that come and go through our house. I was thinking a necklace with their initials and maybe a quote. Anyone have any good quotes/ideas? I was thinking maybe "forever in my heart" on one charm and then their initials on other little charms. What do you all think? Look forward to getting to know all of you!

- Sarah 

Re: Foster Mom Question

• Options
    I would do some kind of scrapbook. Each kid could have their own page.
    Rosie born August 29, 2013. Blessed by adoption!
  • Options
    The foster parent board (link on fosterhood in nyc) has some suggestions for that.  One woman takes each kid to paint a lightswitch cover.  Many of our placements are/have been short term--so we're doing a scrapbook, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a James Avery charm bracelet - the middle charm says "Always in my heart" and then I have baby booties for the babies with their names and birthdates and the older child we had, a little sillouette of a girl's profile with her name and birthday. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have 5x7 photos of each kid hanging on our wall beside our family photo.  Theres the "current" family photo, our "current" children, then other placements we've had...

I like the necklace idea... I've actually thought of doing something similar- but birthstones instead of initials (if you end up having a lot of short term placements that would be a lot of charms...)

I have a necklace similar to this one https://tinyurl.com/7rm44oq  with our 2 childrens names on the disks. I'm thinking I might get birthstones added to it for our foster children also.

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"