Secondary IF
Options

those who have taken clomid...

I had an ultrasound this morning to see how many mature follicles I had produced from taking clomid.  I had 3 on the right ovary: 1 was mature, 1 was expected to mature by the time i ovulated, and one would not mature in time.  The left had none.  So essentially, two eggs. 

I have two questions:

Are 2 mature follicles a "typical" number on clomid?

Is it "normal" to not have ANY follicles to develop on one ovary after taking clomid?

My nurse said the right ovary must have "sucked up all the clomid."....Does that sound weird to anyone else?

Wow, I am certainly obsessing over today's appointment...

TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013

Re: those who have taken clomid...

• Options
    Last cycle I had two follies and we got pg, so it can definitely happen!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    On my Clomid cycles, it was one ovary with the active follicles...it rotated, just like a regular cycle would. I did three Clomid cycles in a row.
    First cycle of Clomid created one follicle=BFN Second cycle of Clomid created two follicles=BFN Break cycle= did not ovulate Third cycle of Clomid, 75mg, two follicles=BFN First IUI cycle with Clomid + Follistim=BFN First IVF Cycyle February 2012 Egg Retrieval on 2-14-2012 {13 follicles, 9 fertilized} Embryo Transfer on 2-19-2012 {Two blasts transferred} 6 snowbabies BETA #1 on 2/28 = 186 BETA #2 on 3/1=346 BETA #3 on 3/6 = 2,499 1st ultrasound on 3/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I got the triplets, on Clomid 100mg, I had 2 mature follies on one side, one mature and one not quite there on the other side. That was my 3rd month on Clomid.

When we went back for baby #4 100mg Clomid wasn't getting more that one mature follie, which failed...so we bumped up to a very low dose inject.

We do IUI's with donor sperm though, so we work with a limited amount of swimmers, usually just 10mil and a one shot deal as far as BDing so we like to have more than one follie to up our odds.

Good luck!

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"