Pre-School and Daycare

If you didn't invite the entire preschool class

how did you handle passing out invites?  DS has acquired a few friends at school that he'd like to invite to his party.  It has actually taken him a lot of hard work to make friends, so I want to keep his birthday party to just those kids to keep it more comfortable for him.  We also have an age +1 rule for party invites.  He'll barely  make that with the kids he is kind of friends with right now.  We're working on getting to know them some more.

Obviously, we're still a long way out, but I'm a planner and am thinking about logistics.  Do I try to catch their parents after school?  Ask the teacher to slip the invites into the kids' folders (they don't look in their folders at all as they walk out of school, so they kids wouldn't be waving invites around or anything)? 

Re: If you didn't invite the entire preschool class

• send an evite or mail them to their home. We have a strict policy unless everyone gets an invite it can't be sent in through school. My son's last party I sent a text to the mom's (but I am good friends with all of them ; )
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I had his teacher put them in their backpacks/lunch box.  His class has 14 kids and we only invited 6. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I looked up their addresses and mailed them invites (we only did it for 2 kids at school)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Assuming you have some time before the actual birthday is here, I would arrange for play dates to get to know the parents and kids a little bit one-on-one. Then I would just invite the parents directly, either by evite or by sending a physical invitation to the home.

At DD's old preschool, I knew her good friends' parents and invited them directly. We just moved last month and I am planning on doing what I just outlined above. It's really uncomfortable as a parent to be invited to a party at the house of people you've never met.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagersd12:
    send an evite or mail them to their home. We have a strict policy unless everyone gets an invite it can't be sent in through school. My son's last party I sent a text to the mom's (but I am good friends with all of them ; )

This. I mailed them because it is against policy to distribute them at school unless everyone gets one.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • imageanna7602:

Assuming you have some time before the actual birthday is here, I would arrange for play dates to get to know the parents and kids a little bit one-on-one. Then I would just invite the parents directly, either by evite or by sending a physical invitation to the home.

At DD's old preschool, I knew her good friends' parents and invited them directly. We just moved last month and I am planning on doing what I just outlined above. It's really uncomfortable as a parent to be invited to a party at the house of people you've never met.

I've met all of the moms.  We typically hang out outside of preschool and let the kids play a bit before heading home.  We've never exchanged information though, so e-vite/snail mail would still require asking some people for info and excluding others.  :-/  I could slowly start working my way through and inviting them on playdates though. 

• imageAgrippaRidesAgain:
    imageanna7602:

Assuming you have some time before the actual birthday is here, I would arrange for play dates to get to know the parents and kids a little bit one-on-one. Then I would just invite the parents directly, either by evite or by sending a physical invitation to the home.

I've met all of the moms.  We typically hang out outside of preschool and let the kids play a bit before heading home.  We've never exchanged information though, so e-vite/snail mail would still require asking some people for info and excluding others.  :-/  I could slowly start working my way through and inviting them on playdates though. 

Our preschools and elementary schools have a directory ; ) but I had to use whitepages to mail a thank you note to one of my son's friends (he goes to a different elementary school). I bet the prechool has a directory, check with them. Honestly our best birthday parties have been at our own house, their friends loved it too, and the parents usually like to hang out help/get to know us better too ; )
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I used the class roster to get the addresses we needed and then mailed them.
  • imageebb7:
    I used the class roster to get the addresses we needed and then mailed them.

OMG, your siggy!  CONGRATS!  I obviously am out of the loop.  :-D 

• Thank you! We're super excited about this little miracle!!!!
  • imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

imageebb7:
    I used the class roster to get the addresses we needed and then mailed them.

OMG, your siggy!  CONGRATS!  I obviously am out of the loop.  :-D 

Oh, wow- ditto! Congratulations. How exciting!!!!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At my younger DD's preschool, we have parent folders so people always just stick the invites int here.  WE don't have a class list or anything and I rarely see the other parents.  I try to put the invites in when I do drop off as the kids are not in the classroom at that time (they are down the hall in another room).  For my older DD (PreK), the parent folders are very visable but a lot of parents still do leave the invites in there and I'm sure some of the kids do see them although it has yet to be an issue for my DD and I know there have been parties that she has not been invited too.  I do have a class list for her class with emails and some parents have just sent an evite out.  I personally like doing paper invites for the kids since they get so excited.  I would just put them into the parent folders and not worry about it.  Unless you school has a policy about the invites - if you are not sure, I would double check before you do anything.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"