Detroit Babies

International travel with toddlers

Dh & I are in the process of planning a family vaca. We have found quite a few kid friendly resorts and are considering Riviera Maya. 

Our daughter will be either close to two or just a lil over two when we travel. I have never flown international before. We have traveled via cruise. But I was wondering if there was anything special we would need to know about? Are their any immunizations required besides the one typically received during well visits? that would be a requirement? Anything else we should be aware of? I have not done too much research yet but figure I start with a few questions first. thx in advance =) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: International travel with toddlers

• We just got back from the Riviera Maya (Playa del carmen) yesterday!  No special immunizations.  Your daughter will just need a passport.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  It's a beautiful area and we had a great time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejosefina022:
    We just got back from the Riviera Maya (Playa del carmen) yesterday!  No special immunizations.  Your daughter will just need a passport.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  It's a beautiful area and we had a great time!

Thanks soo much for the response!! We ended up going a different route- We ended up booking a cruise for this April instead. For the simple fact that the flight to miami is only 2 hours. I think we will def try to tackle mexico next year though! Which resort did you stay at? How old are your children? 

• Loading the player...
  • ooooh fun!  We did a cruise last year when DD was 17 months!  She did very good, took a morning nap in her stroller while someone walked her (my parents came too) and then in the afternoon, DH would take her back to the room for a a nap.  During the days we were at an island, she was content sitting in her stroller watching everything while we shopped/walked and would often fall asleep them too.  We just made sure to always have snacks on hand. 

That's why we chose to go to Mexico, because we could get a non-stop flight, it was 3.5 hours, but she did great.  She's 2 years and 3 months now.  I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of small little toys, coloring book/crayons, stickers, etc. that were all new to her, so that kept her busy quite awhile.  I uploaded new apps to my ipod touch that she liked.  She didn't sleep at all on the way down, but slept most of the flight home. 

We stayed at the Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen.  It was a very nice resort, small, close to 5th avenue shopping (walking distance). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejosefina022:

ooooh fun!  We did a cruise last year when DD was 17 months!  She did very good, took a morning nap in her stroller while someone walked her (my parents came too) and then in the afternoon, DH would take her back to the room for a a nap.  During the days we were at an island, she was content sitting in her stroller watching everything while we shopped/walked and would often fall asleep them too.  We just made sure to always have snacks on hand. 

That's why we chose to go to Mexico, because we could get a non-stop flight, it was 3.5 hours, but she did great.  She's 2 years and 3 months now.  I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of small little toys, coloring book/crayons, stickers, etc. that were all new to her, so that kept her busy quite awhile.  I uploaded new apps to my ipod touch that she liked.  She didn't sleep at all on the way down, but slept most of the flight home. 

We stayed at the Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen.  It was a very nice resort, small, close to 5th avenue shopping (walking distance). 

Awww good to know! She is pretty content 90% of the time- she is a good girl- like all toddlers- she has her moments- good idea on the whole "new toyrs" idea. My little artist loves this magnetic drawing board "santa" brought her for christmas. The other day I found a travel size one and stashed it away for our trip. I  will def check into the resort! Thanks again for all the wonderful suggestions! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"