Michigan Babies

How to tell the family

I know its easier just to come right out and say it, but I am a little nervous, I have a 5 year old daughter who is in preschool, and a a few weeks ago I found out we were expecting. Im 9 weeks and showing more then i did with my daughter. My boyfriend and I are not married but have definitly talked about it, we just kind of did things backwards, moved in, got pregnant LOL now i need to to tell my family who is very religious and was not to happt with us living together in the first place before marriage that we are having a baby!! LOL any suggestions on how to break it to them?  Embarrassed its not like we are struggling and not stable, i just am nervous at what they are going to say :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to tell the family

• Lets start with Congrats.

I know what you are going thru. My husbands family is very much the same way and we had our first child before we go married. His mothers head nearly exploded, and his sisters were pissed. I would love to tell you that everyone will be super happy for you right from the start but in my experiance that is not going to happen. Telling them can be hard and their reactions will most likely be harsh. But give them some time to adjust to the idea. Like you said you kinda have done things backwards. But if you are living together they have to know that there was at least the possibility of pregnancy.

What ever anyone says just remember that a baby is a blessing, and most times people will come around. Who can resist a baby. I took my MIL untill we had unltrasound pictures to lighten up about it. But once she saw that little profile she was completely totaly and utterly in love!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations!! I hope you have a healthy baby and easy pregnancy!!

About your situation I say just tell them. I have the same problem with my fiance's family. They don't want us living together, nor do they want the wedding we have planned for next year, but we are trying to TTC cause it's something we both want. We thought about how to tell his parents and after a 5 minute discussion, we decided they will either be happy for us and accept it, or stay mad a very long time. Either way it's our life and we will live it how we want too!! Hope this kinda helped a little. Good Luck hun!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice!! I have been waiting till i get out my first trimester to tell them and im sure they will love the baby regardless! its just so nerve racking!! lol my family loves him and im sure they will love the baby, I just dont want anyone mad at me i guess....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"