Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Recipe for homemade laundry detergent, please. (Eczema friendly)

I am looking for an all-natural, good "recipe" for homemade laundry detergent. My husband and son have eczema and it is a fortune to buy store brand detergent. TIA!
Our angel is in heaven 12/12/08
BFP 2/25/09
HCG 3/6=518 3/8=1230
1st Ultrasound 3/18 FHR=103
2nd U/S 3/20 FHR=118!!
3rd U/S 4/1 FHR=169 :)
BIG U/S 5/22=IT'S A BOY! FHR-148
DS Born October 30, 2009
BFP 5/27/11 Stick baby, stick!
HCG 5/31=140 P=9 HCG 6/2=292 P=11
1ST Ultrasound 6/15 FHR=109!!
U/S 8/18=IT'S A BOY! FHR-141 :)
DS Born January 20, 2012
BFP 5/27/13 EDD 2-5-14
U/S 8/17 FRH-141 It's a boy!!

Re: Recipe for homemade laundry detergent, please. (Eczema friendly)

• Options
    I don't have any experience with this specific recipe, but have mixed up the CD recipe. It might be something that you're looking for. https://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2009/08/laundry-detergent/
  • Options

Mine is this:

2 cups of Borax

2 cups of washing soda

2  bars of grated Dr. Bronners peppermint castille soap.

I use 3 tbsp per load. The "2"s because my container is big but you can use 1 of everything it's all equal amounts. DS has eczema and I've had no problems plus the clothes smells delicious!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:

Mine is this:

2 cups of Borax

2 cups of washing soda

I use 3 tbsp per load. The "2"s because my container is big but you can use 1 of everything it's all equal amounts. DS has eczema and I've had no problems plus the clothes smells delicious!

I want to make something like this, but I can't seem to find washing soda! Where do you buy yours? Do you know if you can get it online? I've checked grocery stores, Target, and Walgreens...no luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJFH2010:
    imageSteph&Harry08:

Mine is this:

2 cups of Borax

2 cups of washing soda

I want to make something like this, but I can't seem to find washing soda! Where do you buy yours? Do you know if you can get it online? I've checked grocery stores, Target, and Walgreens...no luck. 

Butting in... I don't make my own detergent, but I use washing soda for my all-purpose cleaner. Got it at the grocery store by the laundry detergent and borax! Arm & Hammer!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageKellina:
    imageJFH2010:
    imageSteph&Harry08:

Mine is this:

2 cups of Borax

2 cups of washing soda

Butting in... I don't make my own detergent, but I use washing soda for my all-purpose cleaner. Got it at the grocery store by the laundry detergent and borax! Arm & Hammer!

Yup, found it in the laundry detergent isle next to borax. I've actually never looked in places like target or walmart but the two grocery stores near me have washing soda. GL

• Options
    imageSteph&Harry08:
    imageKellina:
    imageJFH2010:
    imageSteph&Harry08:

Mine is this:

2 cups of Borax

2 cups of washing soda

Yup, found it in the laundry detergent isle next to borax. I've actually never looked in places like target or walmart but the two grocery stores near me have washing soda. GL

I finally found it in our local co-op. Weird that the grocery stores didn't carry it! I feel like it gets harder and harder to find simple single-ingredient products. Oh well, now I know where to go. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Try soap nuts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"