Attachment Parenting
Options

Is this a moby or did I get ripped off?

I found a moby on craigslist and sent my husband after work to get it. He came home with what *looked* like a moby (LONG piece of fabric) but it has two big plastic rings on the end and this picture (below) as the logo. What do I have?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this a moby or did I get ripped off?

• Options

This is a sling.  I have the same brand, I bought it from babies r us a few years ago.  The brand is parents of inventions.  

https://www.parentsofinvention.com/Sling_Book.pdf 

April 2009
  • Options
    Thanks for info! It is in pretty good shape and I *doubt* the person is going to answer when I ask to return it so I may as well learn to use it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just saw one of those for the first time at a babywearing meeting earlier this week.  It's interesting.  From what I can gather you do Moby-style carries, but instead of knotting you thread through the loops as you would a ring sling.  I think once you figure out how far you need to offset from the center it could be very cool.
  • Options
    I think I have one of these (I originally got it for DD, but by the time it arrived in the mail, DD was too big for it, so I just packed it away for the next baby.)  I also have a Moby.  The differences between the two are about $20 (new, and not in your favor, sorry!) and the moby fabric feels much thicker, more dense, and sturdy.  However, the Parents of Invention one will probably be cooler, if warm weather is a concern.  I was able to get a perfectly good and comfortable carry with my carrier the one time I tried it.  I have not tried my Moby yet, though, so I can't compare them in that way...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"