Washington Babies
Options

Mommy Check In

Welcome to the first mommy check in.  I welcome feedback to help make this valuable and fun!

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender
  2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?
  3. Highs and lows of the week? 
  4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?
  5. Questions for next week?
  6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties!

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: Mommy Check In

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Lucy, 2 years
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? We had her b-day party last weekend and it was SO fun to see her excited about it and understand that the celebration was about her. 
    3. Highs and lows of the week? Lows: She's definitely 2 years old.  She's becoming increasingly independent and with that comes increased challenging of what we ask/tell her to do sometimes.  The last week it has been really showing.  Highs: her ability to welcome new people (adults and kids alike) into her life is really amazing to me, she is so social and warm and friendly.  I love seeing her that way.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Pre-natal appt. for Baby Sister, I love hearing that heartbeat!
    5. Questions for next week? Can't think of any at the moment.
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! I don't have any at work.  :(

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) I would say 4 kid friends.  She also often talks about her grown up friends too though (Grandmas, Grandpa, auntie, uncle, her nanny, the Librarian from story-time).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: We seem to only make boys. M-5, W-22 mo, G-12 days.
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? Nothing I can think of.  Still getting used to a new baby in the house.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High-back to routine, Low-M's back talk
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? My Dad is visiting next weekend.
    5. Questions for next week? Favorite rainy day activity for kiddos
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! see siggy pic

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? M has a handful, bumpie's kids we have known for years, my bff's daughter, and playgroup kids we see regularly.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender, Aidan, 21 months, Male
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? We are on the verge of Aidan understanding his words, but we are still trying to get to that ponit. 
    3. Highs and lows of the week? We had fun at a pancake supper at church, and he liked running around with the others kids at church. 

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)  He goes to daycare, so he knows those friends the best.  And they have taught him to say their names. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

1. Edmund is 9.5 months

2. He is starting to crawl. It's just an army crawl right now but he almost has it on all 4s.

3. He has been very needy the last couple nights so much so that he doesn't want to fall asleep anywhere other than on my chest. It's hard because he hasn't done that in months and I was enjoying being able to put him to bed in his crib and have him fall asleep in less than 10 minutes.

4. Just getting him to crawl. I've felt like he is so far behind because my friends 6 month old can crawl and pull up already and Edmund hasn't been able to do any of that.

QOTW: We don't have any babies that we regularly hang out with. He has met several babies around his age but we don't see them often.

1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender  Daughter, 14 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?  She is soooooo close to walking.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Low:  We didn't take a nap on Sunday and the day ended in a meltdown of monumental proportions.  High:  When you ask her where her toes are she gets very excited, stops whatever she is doing, and points to her toes - it's very cute.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?  It's grandparent week at the mommy and me group and my MIL is coming so I think that will be fun. 

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)  We have regular play dates with another mom and daughter fairly regular and she sees her cousin with regularity.  She gets very excited to see them both!

Our first little one is getting big!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Number two

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender  Son, 3 years
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?  Not really, he's into the whole independence bossy phase.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Low:  Had to take the car in because it was making a nasty noise, but was only a rock stuck in the wheel area. Still cost us $150 after an oil change.  High:  Finding out DH's bonus amount.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?  I don't have anything planned next week, but I am looking forward to seeing my parents this weekend.

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)  Tristen is in Preschool 1 day per week and enjoys his friends there a lot.  We haven't done many play dates yet outside of school.  Just a few times at Mcdonalds after class.  He use to have close friends and a cousin he'd see all the time before we moved though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender  I have 3 boys, Holden is 3 and Nolan and Asher are my Identical twins and they are 4.5 months.
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?  Asher can almost sit already!!  He does good for about 1 second and then flops over, but I'm counting it as a win =)
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Highs: Going to the gym regularly and letting the kids play at the daycare while I get some much needed workout/me time.   Low: Being too afraid that someone was going to sneak into the gym and steal my babies to move from the machine I was on that overlooked the daycare center...                                                               
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?  Hopefully losing 5 more lbs.
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties!  I didnt take any v-day pics, but I just took this one recently and its pretty cute! (at least I think so =))

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)  He has 3 that he spends at least one day a week playing with, he has several that he sees regularly and talks about though.  Everyone he meets is his best friend now, its adorable!

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender  Oliver 3.5 and Eva 20 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? We just signed up O for preschool in the fall! 
    3. Highs and lows of the week? dh really busy with school, so kids dont see him much, lots of family stuff going on. Just been an emotionally draining week. High- doing deep cleaning today and it makes me feel better :) 
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? seeing my sister, that's about it. 
    5. Questions for next week? what do you do to entertain very active boys when its raining?

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)

He has a handful of friends that we see regularly, but he also thinks all the parents are his friends too, and talks about everyone.  

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Collin is 2.5; Addison is 3.5 weeks.
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? We're making progress on potty training! And Miss A is really starting to look around and try to focus on things.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? Highs: Being home with them and continuing to work out a routine. Lows: I came down with the flu on Saturday night. That was super fun. 
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Seeing some friends. I haven't been out much in the last month. 
    5. Questions for next week? I'll get back to ya.  
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! None on my iPad.
    Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) He has a few we see regularly, but I have slacked off on the social front having been super uncomfortable during the end of my pregnancy. We need to start getting out more.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Lane 4.5 Jaxx 22 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? J has decided to start "potty training'' himself. It's been interesting.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? See answer above.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? J has a second speech eval and a hearing screen coming up in the next week.

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) L is not in school yet, so not alot and most a family.

• Options

Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender - Nora, girl, 3 weeks tomorrow

Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? She started smiling around day 3 or 4, and I melt every time she smiles now.

Highs and lows of the week? High - She successfully took a bottle from DH! Just knowing she did that makes the thought of going back to work slightly easier. Low - Finding out that I can't spread out my accrued leave time to make my unpaid maternity leave a little easier on our finances. I have to use it all up at the beginning, which means I'll have 2 1/2 unpaid weeks. Blech.

What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Going to see the musical "Oklahoma" with DH! It'll be our first date since DD was born.

Questions for next week?

PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties!

Together - 11/9/08
         Married - 7/10/10
         Nt/Np - 1/14/11
        BFP! - 5/20/11 EDD - 1/25/12
        It's a girl! - 9/7/11
        A family of 3 - 2/2/12
        Nt/Np - 4/15/12
         BFP! - 5/16/13  EDD - 1/22/14
         Discovered baby's not growing w/ no heartbeat - 6/7/13      
        Natural M/C @ 6.5w - 6/15/13
        Nt/Np - 6/25/13
        BFP! - 10/25/13  EDD - 7/1/14
        Missed M/C (natural) - 11/5/13 @ 6w
        Nt/Np - 11/17/13
         BFP! - 5/29/14  EDD - 2/7/15
         It's a girl! - 9/19/14
        A family of 4 - 2/13/15
        Nt/Np - 4/9/15
        BFP! - 4/1/16  EDD - 12/05/16
    It's a boy! - 7/19/16
    A family of 5 - 12/10/16
    DH vasectomy - 3/30/17

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender M 25 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?  She is talking more and more everyday 
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Highs: None of us are sick! Low: M waking up screaming last night                                                              
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?  I am throwing a shower this weekend for my BFF

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) She has tons of friends she talks about them all the time.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:

Welcome to the first mommy check in.  I welcome feedback to help make this valuable and fun!

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender - 4 months, a girl
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? - she's working on sitting up and rolling onto her tummy
    3. Highs and lows of the week? Returning to work, but bkb is adjusting well
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? The week end, get to dress shop for my bff's wedding
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! - I totally have a picture but I am nesting from my phone right now.

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) None right now. She's too little, but the girl who watches her has a nine month old.

imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender  - Son, Brett, 2 next month
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?  He is starting to talk more.  2nd B-day next month.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  High - Day off on Monday.  Low - Got a crown today.  My mouth is sore.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?  Going shopping to buy some shoes and makeup.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Logan, 23 months, female
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?  Almost 2, emergence of the will.  Talking up a storm and takes great pride in helping mama with household chores.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Enjoying time in AZ with my in-laws.  DH has been a grump the whole trip.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?  Back to regular schedule.

Most of the families in our PEPS group are regular friends, and KNemo and her DS.  I would say she has about 5 really good friends and 5 more acquaintances.
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Max, almost 3, Anna 8 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?Anna is growing and changing by the day, it is so fun seeing her learn new things and interact. And I can't believe Max is almost 3!!
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High--Anna says "Mamamamam"--not sure if she is really saying Mama but either way it is so cute! Max has been doing great in his big boy bed at night. Low--Medical bills
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Getting my hair cut on Saturday, I am SO overdue!
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! Oh I have some great ones Justine took, will have to come back and post later.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) Oops forgot to answer this one. :) We have a core group that we see regularly and then others we see on occasion. Max has a crazy good memory so even if he's just met a kid once or twice he will remember them (and sometimes what color shirt they were wearing, ha!).

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
      her name i'm keeping off public boards, she's 1 week today!
      we are learning how to feed together better and latching is a lot faster now.
      highs? that i have a daughter!! low? she was dx with jaundice and we've been dealing with light therapy both inpatient and outpatient.
      watching her grow and grow!
      at what point will BF hurt less?
      i didn't have a baby on valentines day!

none yet.

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Emeline, 15 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? 3 of 4 first-year-molars are in.  I'm not sure if that's really exciting, since the sleep has been not so good, but it is one day closer to loving salad, right?
    3. Highs and lows of the week? highs: having time off from work to spend with E and getting some brand-new Lucky jeans for $35; lows: verifying that I do have an IF problem that I was in denial about
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? my friend's baby shower!
    5. Questions for next week? Am I the only one whose husband makes grand plans to help out with longer-term projects around the house but almost never follows through with them? (he is great about routine chores)  How do you motivate a man without bribing him? 
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! lame mom here did not take any valentine photos

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  She knows the 2 babies at her T/Th daycare, and I think she recognizes Shane's C, and about 4 of my friends' kids that we see on a regular basis at church

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender N is 8 months almost 9
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? he pulled up and pushed himself to sitting this week
    3. Highs and lows of the week? I think I'm having supply issues and that is getting hard for me. He is eating spaghetti and clucks when he wants more which is so cute.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Going to the Zoo on Friday with a pal.
    5. Questions for next week? Not now.

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Isabelle - coming up on 3 1/2
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? Her language and comprehension has been amazing the last week or so.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? Low: I couple of meltdowns...thought we were passed that! High: Apologizing for said meltdowns on her own, without being pushed.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Preschool being back in session!

I would say she has about five that she really remembers, asks about and calls her 'best friends'. Thanks to this board we are lucky enough to have lots of play dates and genuine, amazing friends with kiddos to match. Big Smile

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender   K = 21 months, girl.
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? Um, temper tantrums?  No really.  First ear infection this week and she's being a trooper, so I am grateful for that.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  High: DH and I have both been sick [him very sick], and K didn't get cabin fever or act out too badly, making it easier for us to get rest and trade off.    Lows: The constant fight over clothes.  Now she doesn't even want to wear the clothes she picked out herself!
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Having a weekend where no one has to go to the doctor or take antibiotics!
    5. Questions for next week? Birthday parties: who do you invite?  We did only family for her 1st B-Day, and that was over 20 people.  I want K to have more kids to play with at her 2nd B-Day, but don't want to exclude family.  I can't host 30+ people and don't want two parties.  le sigh.

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them)

K loves the other kids in daycare.  Every morning, on the 25 minute drive in, she names every single kid repeatedly, which is about 10 or so.  On the weekends she asks about her favorite two or three, and last night she saw a picture of herself a couple of months ago and thought it was a girl a little younger than her from daycare.  She was pointing and the girls' name, it was adorable. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Oliva, almost 7 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? She wants to crawl so bad. She hasn't quite figured out she also needs to use her arms.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Cougar game- high, working too much-low
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Done with grad school!
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! Not sure how to do that...maybe next time.
  • Options

1. Introduce your child/ren: Connor 2.75, Sydney 15 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?Connor is using the potty with no pee accidents we are down to 1 #2 accident in the past 3 days. Sydney is almost walking (she's a late bloomer and in therapy)
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High: Getting out of the house for activities. Low: Syd teething and cranky, Connor no longer naps and I really need one!
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Playdates, massage and hair appt for me!
    5. Questions for next week? How do you do co - op preschool if you have a little at home that is to young to go but to old to put in a carrier and take with you.

I have 3 close friends and with all their kids that makes 11 friends that Connor remembers and talks about. He also will remember some of the bumpie kids we see more frequently. I'd like to get out with more bumpie kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Julia, 3 and Asher 11 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? Asher turns 1 next week (sniff sniff, it went way too fast!).
    3. Highs and lows of the week? Both a high and a low: teaching J to sleep in her own bed all night. So painful but hopefully worth it soon.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Prepping for the A-man's party
    7. image
    8. Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) Julia has a ton, both at daycare and personal friends (kids of our friends usually). Asher doesn't care yet.
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Madeline, 17 Months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? She's learning new words/how to pronounce things each day. She can say her name now "Ma-la-lin". I tell her all the time I'm sorry for giving her such a tough name to pronounce.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? A high in a low: she woke up at 2 AM last night (which never happens so I shouldn't complain). The high part was getting to rock and snuggle her back to sleep since she never lets me do that anymore.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Getting my hair done on Sunday, she and daddy are going to see my MIL for the day so I get a day off. :)
    5. Questions for next week? What do you do about your picky eater?

Vday Pic

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) I guess just my niece, Ellie, who is 4 months now if that counts. My mom watches them both for daycare. We don't see any other kids regularly, I guess I should probably get out there more, huh? ;)

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Hudson, 23 months (2 on March 15th)
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? His vocabulary is finally starting to increase and he really understands and can follow directions.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High: Making it to the gym regularly..Low: I can't think of anything parenting related .. my grandma passed away last night .. so that's all that's been on my mind today :(
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? No plans tomorrow and it's my day off work .. so Hudson and I are going to go swimming and to the YMCA and hopefully find some other fun activities besides errands to do!
    5. Questions for next week? none I can think of ..
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Dx: Hypothalamic Amennorhea (Unexplained) DS #1: IVF #1 - Born: 3/15/10 TTC #2: FET Cycle #1: BFP 11/4/12(HPT) - Beta #1: 61.8 Beta #2: 60 :( Beta #3: 14 Natural M/C FET Cycle #2: ET: 2/13/13, BFP 2/20/13 (HPT) - Beta #1:9dp5dt(2/22/13) - 93.1 - Beta #2:12dp5dt - 543
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Cooper - 3 on May 10th
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? Working on colors, somedays he gets it spot on, other days he has no idea so we are really working on that now.
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High: Potty trainiing has gone really well so fingers crossed we are nearly there! Lows: The boy has problems listening at times & it drives me crazy!!!
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Staying inside in the air-conditioning - it's high 90's for the next 4 days here & I hate being out in the heat!  
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Jackson - boy - 2.5 and Malia - girl - 10 mo.
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? Jackson is 95% potty trained (day and night)
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High: Malia slept 7pm-8am on Tuesday night. Low: I had a bit of mom guilt yesterday when I yelled at Jackson and gave him a little swat on the butt.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Friends coming into town this weekend!
    5. Questions for next week? Jackson was an early crawler/walker and Malia is showing ZERO interest in moving. Anything I can do to get her going?

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them): The kids at the daycare and none of them are exactly his age. 2 yo and 4yo.  Jackson does see his cousin about 2x a week and she is 7 weeks younger than him.  He also does a playdate once a week with my friends kids that are his age.

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Portia age 7, Adelaide age 2, Scarlett age 2 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? Birthdays are coming up for my two oldest! My baby is smiling now, which is fun :)
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High: Going to Portland to see my sis. Low: Rain. I hate the weather (we moved from California, before that Texas)
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Planning our summer vacation
    5. Questions for next week? Where do you spend time during rainy days?
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties!image

Aside from preschool, my 2 year old hangs out with 5-8 friends every week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. We do a play date almost every day. 

• Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Laurel- 2 years, girl & Lane - 1 week, boy
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are experiencing now? Laurel is talking up a storm recently!  The enunciation isn't there, but it sure is fun!  Lane is sleeping, eating, pooping, and peeing. ;)
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High: My aunt paid for her house cleaner to come clean our house yesterday.  It was amazing.  She was here for awhile : / Low: Getting out of the house with two kiddos is absolutely ridiculous.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Surviving!  Getting out of the house more easily?

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with? Laurel's cousin is 6 months older, so they're very close.  She likes her school friends, but other than that, she probably has about 3-4 friends that she talks about.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Ava Lynn, almost 4 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?Starting solids soon
    3. Highs and lows of the week? High:4 month dr appointment yesterday and she is doing great! Dr. said he is impressed. Low:It's starting to get really hard for me to leave her at my mom's for the day while I'm at work.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Seeing all the new things she learns. She's so smart and has something new to show mommy and daddy every day!
    5. Questions for next week? None.
    6. PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties! I'm new to this so I couldn't figure out how to insert a picture. Lol.

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) My mom watches her during the week along with a couple family friends' kids. She loves Lilly who is 4 and always laughs at her.image

Met 4/26/10 Engaged 8/19/10 Married 2/12/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP 3/1/11 EDD 11/3/11 Born 10/30/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Everything has happened so fast, but I wouldn't change a thing! PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Luke, (m), 14 years, Ella, (f), 3 1/2 years, Thea (Tay-ah), (f), 17 months
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? I just noticed that Thea has a molar and another tooth poking out. I was wondering why her hands were in her mouth all the time. The teething necklace was the best purchase ever.
    3. Highs and lows of the week?  Highs: Luke being really helpful around the house, Ella finally deciding that when she gets hurt, it is good to show us her owie instead of hiding, and Thea is on a vocab explosion, I am loving it! Lows: Snow. I am so over winter!
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? I am going to play on an indoor soccer league with Luke. I am going to die! But, I am excited to have something special to do with him.

Question of the week:  How many "friends"  does your kid have that they spend regular time with?  (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) Luke is more of a one friend kind of kid. It baffles my husband, who is the kind of person who has friends coming out of his ears. Ella has one that we do play dates with, her other friends are from preschool. Thea is still clueless.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh, how fun!! :D

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm only just now getting back online in a regular fashion.

Small suggestion: Having the ordered list (rather than numbering the questions manually) makes them kind of a PITA to answer in a way that's readable.

We're keeping his name off the public internet as much as possible; his internet "code name" is "Alpha", since he's our first child. He's a boy (duh), and is one week (and one day, I suppose, since it's technically early Sunday morning).

Alpha's going through his first growth spurt, I suspect; he's gone from needing to be woken for nearly every feeding to waking himself up every 1-2hrs and acting like he's being starved. I've just about run dry at this point, after ~28hrs of this! Oi. (And, my poor nips are so sore! Thank god for Soothies)

Learning how to deal with a newborn -- it's both the high AND the low, haha.

Right now, just this growth spurt feeding ending so I can get any sleep at all...

Too tired to think of one, sorry.

Alpha wasn't born yet, and I didn't get any photos from the BPP u/s I had on the 13th, which would be the closest thing I've got.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender Emmeline/G/3 and Penelope/G/7m
    2. Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now? P just got her first tooth! E has finished potty training!
    3. Highs and lows of the week? Both kids are sick which means on those few sunny days, we were stuck indoors. Germs can suck it.
    4. What are you most looking forward to in the next week? Being all well and maybe snagging a sunny day
    5. Questions for next week? How do you handle an older child's toys when the younger one starts crawling?

Question of the week: How many "friends" does your kid have that they spend regular time with? (play dates, knows their names, asks/talks about them) E has one she talks about regularly, but I meet up with others for playdates here and there. Since E's friend has a little sister, I expect we'll be having quadruple dates for a while.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

Welcome to the first mommy check in.  I welcome feedback to help make this valuable and fun!  THANK YOU for doing this!!

Introduce your child/ren: Age, gender

Taylor - daughter - 18 (graduates HS in JUNE!)

Andy - son - 16

Genghis - son - 7months

Any exciting milestones coming up or that you are expreiencing now?

Every day G is hitting milestones (he's starting to use sounds consistently to ask for things (he's got sounds for banana, milk, and more - also a very consistent "low milk" alarm LOL).  He's pulling up on everything but still gets his feet tangled when he tries to cruise furniture.  Teenagers are up for sale.  Highest bidder. 

Highs and lows of the week? 

baby and I have low level colds - but that means that he slept a little better last night (I thought he slept 5 hours but I just don't remember the 2 wake ups in the middle apparently).  Highs are we finally bought a safety gate and have now room-proofed the baby for our family room :)

What are you most looking forward to in the next week?

I'm doing crossfit with a great group of women and continue to train for several triathalons this summer...I like being able to work towards a fitness goal

Questions for next week?

How many siblings did you have - pros/cons

PIP (optional) show off your Valentines Day Cuties!

Genghis - valentine!

I've got several friends with kids of various ages that he sees infrequently...

• Options
    screwy post... Bump won't let me delete.  Carry on.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"