LGBT Parenting

Busted :)

My gf and I have agreed that we won't buy any baby things until we are more than 13 weeks pregnant. I have not even had my first insemination yet.

Our best couple friends E&D are pregnant with their second (each partner decided to carry one baby) which has got me even more excited to have a baby.

Well, the other day, I just happened to be online browsing at kate quinn organics, and just happened to order a few items. Honestly, because I adore them and wanted to stash them for our baby!

When my gf called me the other day to tell me I had a parcel in the post, I forgot what I'd ordered and said, 'Ohh, open it and tell me what it is' :D

She opened it and said, 'Ohh, its so nice of you to get that for  E&D!! They will love it.' Bah.....foiled. Good thing I love E&D :)

I just got to wondering whether any of you succumb to the cute-baby-item purchase before you really should?

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

Re: Busted :)

• We had decided on a nautical themed nursery before TTC. We found a really cute lamp on vacation before we were TTC that we ended up purchasing and stashing in the guest room closet. It now sits on the boys' dresser. :) L wanted to buy other things, but I refused. :)

Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We start inseminations next month! :). But that hasn't stopped us from stopping in at BRU once every couple of weeks....

We have purchased one thing baby related-a baby gate.  In our defense, we bought it to lock up the dog while we're out of the house but I'm sure we'll use it for other reasons shortly (fingers crossed). 

Aside from that, we're going to start stocking up on all of the baby necessities (we don't think our families will be super involved once we get KU) once we're 10-12 weeks pregnant.

So, yes we're looking, but not buying yet :)

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Loading the player...
  • It's funny that you posted this, because just this weekend I found the box of pre-baby baby items I bought (when I was cleaning our basement storage space). I only got two things before we started ttc: a quilt that I loved and wanted to base our future child's room on (this one, in blue), and a stuffed dog. The room idea changed when we found out we were having twins, and I haven't given them the dog because we're still at the stage of needing 2 of everything to limit fighting. *sigh*
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • We both loving shopping for baby stuff and have tons bookmarked/favorited/wish listed.  But we have a strict no buying policy until we're pregnant.  Feels jinxy!  And I know we'll love shopping just as much then.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • We bought a New Zealand All Blacks (rugby team) onesie when we were on vacation. I need to order another one since we're having twins! That was all we bought - and now I'm glad, b/c we're moving before the babies get here, and people have given us tons of used clothes, etc. - much more than I ever expected to get.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • all I have to say is thank god pinterest did not exist when we were ttc and even prettc.  I would have pushed my wife over the edge.  We had a small stash of things pre baby that we had to have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKershnic:
    We both loving shopping for baby stuff and have tons bookmarked/favorited/wish listed.  But we have a strict no buying policy until we're pregnant.  Feels jinxy!  And I know we'll love shopping just as much then.

I must say I'm with Kershnic.  Although I don't even have bookmarks/wish lists.  I do occasionally look at crib sets, though. :)

A friend of mine went to BabyGap with me a year or so ago when I was looking to something for a friend, and found a baby dress on clearance that she loved so much she bought it on the spot.  She was not pregnant and does not necessarily plan on having kids.  She didn't know anyone who was pregnant.  She just loved that dress, and figured she'd know someone having a girl eventually...

I told her if I get pregnant with a girl that dress is MINE.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a funny story...We  started shopping about 2months before we TTC just small things boy and girl. By the time we found out Nita was pregnant we had a basket full of baby stuff :) On our 16week we found out we are having a girl and the shopping started full force lol I feel like our little girl has everything she needs for the next year or two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am firmly in the no shopping camp, but I pretty much can't say no to DW.  So we have fabric for a baby blanket because her little head was going to explode if she didn't buy it.  It has robots on it and is adorable, but of course *I'm* the one who has to sew it into a blanket now.  I feel like I'm jinxing things with every cut and stitch. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • I have to admit I was that shopper=) DW and I never really discussed "not" buying.  We would go to Babies R Us to get an idea of what we liked, and once we decided to purchase "the boys", we made a joint purchase of the cutest little fuzzy light blue booties with dragon flies on it (of course we both felt very appropriate for a boy or a girl=) That was it on her end.

As more cycles went on, and I was the one that usually drove across the bay to get our tank, I always walked through a huge outdoor mall to the office...well, of course I had to go in and look at all the cute things in the baby stores on my way. I only bought what I considered to be baby neutral items that were on clearance=) Something felt ok about buying something that was a few bucks instead of full price.  I looked at this as not "jinxing" our ttc, but as brining good baby "energy" into our house.  I was kind of a closeted shopper, even to myself! HA, I didn't really have an idea of how much I had purchased until I brought it all out once we were pregnant (and past the first trimester) and we had a good laugh at it.  I of course always justified my purchases with "this would make a great gift if so and so got pregnant".  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We didn't make any prebaby purchases, but we used to go to BRU and BBB at least once a month to browse.
  • imagessg73:
    all I have to say is thank god pinterest did not exist when we were ttc and even prettc.  I would have pushed my wife over the edge.

yup. this exactly. 

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought Kel a little baseball outfit right around the time we inseminated. I wasn't planning to give it to her until we got pregnant. But then her mom said some very hurtful things to her about us trying for kids during our TWW, so I gave it to her that night. Beyond that and maybe one more outfit, we waited until at least the 2nd tri and maybe more like 20 weeks to shop.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"