Postpartum Depression

PTSD

Has anyone been diagnosed with PTSD? If so, what was your treatment plan? Thanks :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: PTSD

• My OB just diagnosed me as "PPD", but I actually think (after reading) I may have had PTSD.  I ended up starting with therapy, but that wasn't enough.  I had to go on Zoloft and do indiv. & couples therapy.  In retrospect, I really wish I would've done a PPD support group, too.  I hope that helps!

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Yes. My treatment plan was counseling, which I quit going to. I know it helps a lot of people, but for me I just would feel worse afterwards. More angry, more depressed, and felt like I wasted my time since I wasn't seeing any improvement. So... I just "dealt" with it, which means did nothing and slowly got better as long as I kept myself out of stressful situations, and by slowly I mean years and years and years. Two years ago my rapist killed himself. Best treatment plan I could have asked for, things instantly got better and I've had maybe three episodes since then.
  • Loading the player...
  • my official diagnosis is anxiety, but i think i have some clear symptoms of PTSD. I go to a therapist a couple times a month, and try to use that time and space to discuss the event. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"