Houston Babies

Circumcision question - NOT trying to start a debate

I know it is a personal a decision and everyone has their reasons and it is not my place to judge so I won't and I hope anyone who responds does the same.  Anyway, I am just curious as to numbers of who did and didn't. 

[poll]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Circumcision question - NOT trying to start a debate

• A word of caution. My parents did not circumcise my twin brothers.  One of my poor brothers had some horrible complication from it when he was in his 40's (I think possibly related to his diabetes/blood flow) and ended up at the age of about 41 or 42 having to have surgery on his man part and be circumcised.  It was not fun for him. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • imageIBackBevo:
    A word of caution. My parents did not circumcise my twin brothers.  One of my poor brothers had some horrible complication from it when he was in his 40's (I think possibly related to his diabetes/blood flow) and ended up at the age of about 41 or 42 having to have surgery on his man part and be circumcised.  It was not fun for him. 

Same thing happened to my FIL...mid-40s had to get one...he is not diabetic or anything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I told DH it was up to him, but honestly I wanted it done.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a very very personal decision.. there are a great number of possible risks for having it done, and some supposed benefits to having it done. There is also a great wealth of knowledge on the benefits of leaving a boy intact.

Dr. Momma has a great resource called the Circumcision packet that I recommend that all the women I work with read through. It includes this awesome video of the function of the prepuce. This is a wonderful video because it focuses on all the positive of the organ, and not on all the risks of what can go wrong if you get a circumcision. 

I have to caution, though, as a PP stated that she had to warn others about late-adulthood possibilities of needing a circumcision, I know 3 people who have seen the risky side of having it done in the first place. Two of their stories:

A friend - her son had a very badly botched circumcision. 

An online friend - her son had a bad infection from his circumcision, which resulted in a high fever and seizure, which resulted in brain damage. 

If you are interested in seeing the function of the prepuce video (really interesting) just pm me and I will send you the link. Whether or not you circ, it is still fascinating!

• I left it up to my husband. After all, it's man parts. I would have been fine either way. It's really 6 of one, half dozen of the other if you read all the info on either side.
  • dh is jewish, so it's not really an option for us
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"