Postpartum Depression

Helping DH understand

I was recently diagnosed with PPD and have suffered from depression in the past.  I am having a hard time trying to get DH to understand that sometimes there isn't anything physically wrong with me... I am just upset or blah.  He has never been around anyone with depression and definitely doesn't understand it.

What can I do to help him get it? I feel like if I don't do something, it is only going to make my PPD worse because I will continue to worry about how he is feeling on top of dealing with my own issues.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Graphics Clip Art Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Helping DH understand

• Maybe he can go with you to a dr. apt where they can explain how depression affects people.  Do you see a therapist?  Bring him along?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • i would get him to go to a drs appt with you and you and your dr can explain PPD and hopefully help him understand. talk to him about your feelings if you are comfortable and keep him updated on how you feel, why, triggers etc. you can also try some articles online or books that outline PPD and give other stories to help relate

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"