Parenting after 35
Options

Help Confused, and ashamed

I was married very young, and I had a beautiful baby girl 2 years after getting married.  I wanted more, and he didn't.  The stress and the toll of that led to a nasty divorce.  My daughter is almost 8, and I have been divorced for 4 years.  I met someone over a year ago, and he has 2 grown children, and we talked about neither of us wanting more children, and I never thought about having a baby again, until yes you guessed it, it happened, I am prego, and I'm in shock....My parents said that the last thing I need in my life right now is another baby, and with everything that continues to go on with my ex-husband they said it's the worse time, and what the hell was I thinking.  My BF seems happy, but he's a really bad liar, and it's suppose to be a happy happy time in a couples life, and I just want to turn the clock back.  My sister is expecting as well, and she thinks I did it for attention, and I'm trying to rain on her parade.  I go back to the doctor next week, and I want to be happy and excited like I was for my daughter especially cause it's a boy.....But with everyone being so negitive, it's kind of hard too...

Re: Help Confused, and ashamed

• Options
    Without really know any more than you posted, I don't see why you are ashamed or why your parents are even playing a part of this.  All that matters is if you and your boyfriend want the baby.  Who cares about your ex - he is your ex for a reason.  If you really want this baby, than be excited and just know that you will make it work out for you.  Sorry your sister feels like you are raining on her parade but that just sounds like she is has some growing up to do.  Sorry but siblings can be pregant and have babies a the same time - it happens all the time.  You didn't plan this - it just happened, time to live with it - tell everyone you are happy about it and if they are not, they need to keep those thoughts to themselfs.  Good luck to you. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

Ditto to what PP said.  What is done is done.  Enjoy the baby, surround yourself with healthy people and enjoy. 

"Be who you are and mean what you say.  Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." 

Dr. Seuss

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, you're a big girl now, so who cares what other people think. What matters is what you and your BF think. Is he someone you see yourself married to? Maybe your family doesn't think so and that's why their worried. If you think your BF is husband material and you both love each other, then I say be happy and embrace your new life together, plus a new baby. Good luck Smile
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    I meant "that's why they're worried", lol.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"