C-sections
Options

First poop...

Ok so tomorrow is day 7...no poop. I feel like it's right there (tmi I know) but refuses to come out. Tried coffee, apple juice, very oily salad, loads of fiber, of course colace twice a day since the beginning...no luck. Tomorrow thinking of sending DH out for prune juice and suppositories. My last csec it was also day 7 and it was awful. Can't stop yet as still in a lot of pain. Any suggestions or stories of hope welcome. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First poop...

• Options
    Make sure you're drinking lots of water as well. Good luck and (hopefully soon) happy pooping!
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    Did your Dr prescribe you stool softeners? Mine prescribed me some the day that I left and I did my first poop day 4 I think and it was really easy. I would call, if they didn't prescribe you a stool softener and ask for one. Worked fine for me...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also got prescribed and took home a ton of stool softeners. I would say mine was around day 7 also. I remember being terrified and it was nice and easy. Unfortunately, I pooped a lot after that and stopped taking the softeners.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I went almost 2 weeks I think without pooping.  It was awful.  Are you taking iron pills?  I had to stop so that I could finally go.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was going to recommend everything you are already doing. That's so frustrating. I know when I ate at the hospital I ordered lots of Raisin Bran, Prunes, Prune Juice, Salads... everything to get the bowels moving again. Fortunately I pooped when I was still at the hospital. Hopefully adding the prune juice will get things moving again. Can your doctor suggest a stronger stool softener? Everyone is different. My mom has trouble with anesthesia and it takes awhile for bowels to "wake up" afterwords. You may be the same. Good luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For me, drinking lots of water and walking around helped a lot.  And then, it just took some time.  My tummy muscles were really weak for a couple weeks, so even pushing a little was really hard for me to do.  You could always try putting some warm towels or a heating pad on your lower back and stomach to help loosen things up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I tried the prune juice, and all and nothing worked for me but taking the highest dose of colace. But it was day 7 for me too. GL and hope its not painful!
  • Options
    Hmm. I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital till I had one which for me was the second day. They started me on stool softeners as soon as I came out of the csection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"