Washington Babies
Options

Update

We met with one of the midwives today and got another blood draw. It's been over 72 hours since our first and my hcg levels didn't quite double, but came close. (~36000 to 64061 today).

The midwife said it is difficult to interpret. I don't know what to make of this and I'm really not holding it together at work well right now. I guess I'm lucky I have an office and most people here are gone now so no one will hear me cry.

Thanks for all your t&p and if you have some time, please continue to think of us. We have a follow up ulrasound on Friday and my only hope right now is that I'm not carrying a dying baby inside of me and that it will show us something hopeful.

But it's going to be a long wait.

imageLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Update

• Options
    Praying for you and your little one. 
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm really surprised the midwife didn't give you a more positive spin on the results. My HCG levels after cramps/bleeding at around 7-8weeks didn't double either...they weren't even as nice as yours, and the OB said that by this time in the pregnancy they aren't necessarily going to see "doubling"...but they like seeing that they are going up by a significant amount. Now if they were going down...that would be negative news. 

Do you go in next for an ultrasound to check placement and heartbeat? Good luck! I'm pulling for you...it ain't over til the fat lady sings, so don't let your hopes down too early ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm so sorry sweetie. i hope everything goes well for you and your family. t&p's for a happy healthy baby growing strong.

• Options
    T&P coming your way!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMaddimom:
    T&P coming your way!

This! We're all pulling for you!

• Options
    Nothing but good thoughts for you and your DH!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is a long wait. I'm sorry. I know what it's like to worry and wonder. Maybe she's being cautious because a recent paitent had something similar and it went the other way. I would interpret the numbers in a positive way, but that's just me. Try to be good to yourself and you're in my prayers.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    Hugs dreamwinds. I will be thinking of you guys Friday.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    I am sorry you guys are going through this! I will be thinking and praying for you.
  • Options
    t&ps dreamwinds. i'm so sorry you're going through this. hugs!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    T&P's your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you have better answers soon.
  • Options
    You and your baby's health will be in my thoughts. I hope her interpretation was unnecessarily conservative
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    I have been there too in the same situation and it is so agonising not knowing one way or the other! Hope you get some sleep & look after yourself - thinking positive thoughts for you.
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    Big hugs! I will keep you in my thoughts. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagedosafyre:

by this time in the pregnancy they aren't necessarily going to see "doubling"...but they like seeing that they are going up by a significant amount. Now if they were going down...that would be negative news. 

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Sending lots of hugs and sticky baby dust your way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"