Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Question about making your baby's food....

Hi ladies and sorry if this question has been asked before!

Im currently researching making food for my baby (who isn't even born yet, lol) but thought if there was any supplies I could possible register for now and have later. So my question is what did you freeze your food in? Bpa free ice cube trays? Silicon trays? Other? 

Im really into the Eco-friendly lifestyle but I'm learning as I go and appreciate any advice:).  Thanks in advance:)

Edit: sorry for grammar errors, on my phone and i can't go back and correct. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Question about making your baby's food....

• Options

I found using an immersion blender was invaluable!  As odd as it may sound I also used the The First Years Take and Toss Bowls with Lids  (it's bpa free).  I was shocked to find out most of the baby cooker/blenders were not BPA free.  I tried a few of the cube trays and they were more work then they're worth.  With the tupperware you can put as much or as little food in it as you wish. 

Just remember to start slow.

www.weelicious.com is a great site.

I made 90% of my sons food.  I did keep a few bottle of Earths Best for when we were out and about.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Honestly? I fretted about this early on, and it turned out that my LO was so picky about the mush and did not like being fed or purees so I was very happy to give BLW (baby led weaning) a try. It worked out really well, no steaming, no pureeing, no freezing. When I was trying with purees I would just steam in any pot using this and mash it with a fork or my mini food processor. If anything I found out you don't need all the whistles and bells, but if I was going to store the food I would go for silicon ice cube trays. HTH! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was fully planning to make food for DS.  I had a baby food cookbook, had gone to several recipe websites, had some recipe cards from a friend who is making baby food for her LO.  I had even purchased the Baby Bullet.  When DS was 5.5 months old, I started researching BLW. 

When I realized that he could feed himself and eat what we were eating, so I wouldn't have to cook extra I talked to DH and showed him a video of a 6 month old feeding herself.  He was on board immediately.

When Chase was 6 months old, we gave him some finger sized steamed carrots that my dad grew in his garden.  He LOVED them, and has been feeding himself from day one.  

As an added bonus, DH and I are eating healthier, since I want Chase to be eating healthy.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    I would have big days of making food, and freeze them in small glass jars (put in the fridge the night before I wanted to use them), and also breastmilk storage bags (then I could thaw them under warm water like breast milk).  I steamed them and then threw them in a blender.
  • Options

We already had a Magic Bullet, so we used that to make her food. We stored the food in BabyFresh containers in the freezer. I bought the trays online at Amazon Mom. I also followed this site a lot (sorry no clicky) https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/index.htm

Our pedi recommended starting solid foods at 4 months and to follow that site, too. 

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"