Austin Babies
Options

Downton Abbey help please :) possible spoiler? s1 ep1

So I started watching episode one at the OB office today. Netflix rocks for nst appointments by the way.

Who is the nasty housekeeper lady that stomped on the guys bum foot and made him fall. She sucks. Is she mean like that all the time, b/c it ticked me off and made me want to turn it off. Actually the way they treated him in general ticked me off and almost made me want to turn it off :

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Downton Abbey help please :) possible spoiler? s1 ep1

• Options

They humanize her a little more later on in the series.  

Why are you asking for spoilers when you haven't even finished EP1 yet?! 

• Options

I don't _want_ spoilers, but if she stays like that It'll tick me off and I'll be mad I wasted time watching it. I'm very pregnant and hormonal :)

So I wanted to be sure they chill out with the nasty or I'll give it up now :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    O'Brien. She's a piece of work, but they really do develop her character more through the season and in season 2.
  • Options
    imagefjaril:

I don't _want_ spoilers, but if she stays like that It'll tick me off and I'll be mad I wasted time watching it. I'm very pregnant and hormonal :)

I'm glad you took that the way it was intended, after reading my comment again I realized it sounded kind of snarky.

I really enjoy the show despite it, but now I feel like I should warn you that he does continue to receive similar treatment for a while.  

• Options
    Yup O'Brien and Thomas are not very nice the first season but kind of come around a little in S2 (well at least O'Brien). Keep with it it's possibly the best thing out there. ;-)
  • Options
    imagefjaril:

You know, I'm going to offer a word of caution and dissent.

No spoilers, but if that bothers you, there's stuff coming that I wouldn't recommend seeing at this particular time. Once that baby's here and the hormones start chilling out, definitely give it another shot. 

• Options
    imageChicklit:
    imagefjaril:

No spoilers, but if that bothers you, there's stuff coming that I wouldn't recommend seeing at this particular time. Once that baby's here and the hormones start chilling out, definitely give it another shot. 

Dam(n) you! I really want to watch it. 

Maybe if it just crush her head ala Kids in the Hall style it'll make me feel better? 

• Options
    imageChicklit:

I was going to say exactly that.  If O'Brien tripping whats-his-face was bothersome to you, you don't want to watch the rest of the season.  Trust me. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ditto chicklit and mlf - if the mistreatment of Bates upset you, you honestly might not want to see what else is in store. It's disturbing.

That being said, I watched it and LOVED it. So great. I heard that the next season won't begin until October or something. Wahhhh! 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My only addition is: Holy crap, fjaril, you're almost done being pregnant! Wow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"