Eco-Friendly Family
Options

natural eczema cream

Does anyone have an ef eczema cream that they could recomend?  My nephew just started getting patches on his cheeks and my sister wants to avoid steroids if possible. TIA

Re: natural eczema cream

• Options
    Shea Moisture (available at Walgreens and Target) carries an eczema treatment for babies.  Haven't tried it, but I just recently fell in love with their baby products. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our old (natural) pedi told us to use Calendula cream on DD1's eczema. She gave us a script for it, but said I could also get it at Whole Foods.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Before CA Baby reformulated their Calendula Cream I was a faithful follower since then I've tried different products and this is what I found out: SheaMoisture has too strong of a smell for me, and it some of it's Baby Eczema line has Japanese honeysuckle and a couple other ingredients I am not comfortable with, and that many other products even though say they are natural and even organic doesn't mean are 100% natural and organic. Right now I am using CJ's BUTTer unscented for my "emergency" cream, for all the dry rough and patches that flair up sometimes and it's truly miraculous for us. I would suggest taking a peak a this list too by safemama.com. HTH.

• Options
    May I also suggest seeing a naturopath to be tested for food sensitivities? My friend's DS started developing eczema type rashes and they were able to determine it was a sensitivity to dairy. When dairy was cut, the rashes have never returned. Totally worth a try.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use organic coconut oil. Works really well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for all your suggestions.  My sister started using homemade laundry detergent with borax, washing soda, and Ivory soap, we are wondering if that might be the cause.  She is switching back to their old soap for awhile to see if that helps.  If not she may need to get him tested for allergies. 

• Options
    I doubt is the borax and washing soda, I don't know about the ivory soap though that could be it. I make my own laundry detergent with those two plus castille soap and DS has eczema. Does she uses fabric softener and/or dryer sheets? those can be very irritant to the skin.
  • Options

Thanks.  I will suggest the castille soap. 

• Options

imagebim38106:
    Our old (natural) pedi told us to use Calendula cream on DD1's eczema. She gave us a script for it, but said I could also get it at Whole Foods.

We use the Weleda calendula  

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"