Upstate NY Babies

NBR arrival time at airport

Our flight leaves at 6:05am on a Monday morning (US Air) we're flying into Cancun but have a layover in Charlotte. What time would you get to the airport? Our airport (buffalo) is so small and with the stroller we can usually use the "family" security lane so it's super quick.
imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR arrival time at airport

• In Syracuse, I usually only arrive an hour before my flight takes off...

The only downside - at least in SYR - those 6AM flights are often the first flights per day, so TSA is just opening, which means a long line can sometimes form, but it usually moves pretty fast.

• DH used to fly the early commuter flights a lot, and he never had a problem being there a half hour before his flight.  With 3 kiddos in tow, I'd say an hour before will give you plenty of time to get through security and get settled at that time of day.
  • Loading the player...
  • We recently had a 6am flight to Punta Cana with a layover in Atlanta first.  We flew out of Baltimore and got there at 4:30 when the check-in counter opened, and had more than enough time to get through security and get a cup of coffee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No more than an hour.  I find checking my bags and car seat can take longer than security.
  • I would say an hour is fine.  Unfortunately, I have a DH that likes to get there super early so we always wind up sitting forever.
  • I'd say an hour to an hour and half (but I like to let L run through the airport before we board to use up some energy and I can grab a cup of coffee)
  • 4:30 AM.  I used to fly out every Monday morning and I would get there around 4:30 and there were still times i alsmost missed my flight
  • I would be extra cautious just b/c it is a lot harder to get 3 seats on the next flight than it is to get 1.  We got to the airport at 4:30 for a saturday flight when we went to Punta Cana and we got to go through the special security and by the time we got to the gate, changed diapers, grabbed a yogurt it was time to board.
  • imagejewelsonu:
    I would be extra cautious just b/c it is a lot harder to get 3 seats on the next flight than it is to get 1.  We got to the airport at 4:30 for a saturday flight when we went to Punta Cana and we got to go through the special security and by the time we got to the gate, changed diapers, grabbed a yogurt it was time to board.

We're flying US Air, our seats are assigned- yay!

We can't all sit in 1 row anyways because there are only 4 air masks per row so DH's cousin will have to take 1 of the babies or we will have to sit across an aisle from each other.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

imagejewelsonu:
    I would be extra cautious just b/c it is a lot harder to get 3 seats on the next flight than it is to get 1.  We got to the airport at 4:30 for a saturday flight when we went to Punta Cana and we got to go through the special security and by the time we got to the gate, changed diapers, grabbed a yogurt it was time to board.

I think she was saying if you miss the flight the likely hood of getting seats on the next flight are slim for 3. How many of you are flying out together?

I would say 4:30/5 at the latest. Mondays were always SUPER busy when I worked at ROC, first morning flights are full of grumpy business people. Get there early so you don't have to rush.  

• imageJune4bride2be:
    imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

imagejewelsonu:

I think she was saying if you miss the flight the likely hood of getting seats on the next flight are slim for 3. How many of you are flying out together?

I would say 4:30/5 at the latest. Mondays were always SUPER busy when I worked at ROC, first morning flights are full of grumpy business people. Get there early so you don't have to rush.  

I am saying if you miss your flight it would be harder. I have missed that flight to Charlotte b/c the jerk at securtiy would not let me go through the family line even though my name was being paged. He told me I would have more than enough time(20 minutes) to get through security.  40 minutes later I made it through. Until I was traveling weekly for work I never realized how many people travel that early.  It's 6 am that is really bad. When my flight was at 8am I could get to the airport at 7:20 and be fine but not the first flight out

• I used to work at an airport hotel.  I couldn't tell you how many ppl missed their flights and came to my bar to drown their sarrows as they waited for the next day's flights.  The big thing, at least at Syr airport is that the majority of the day's departing flights leave between 6am and 8am!  So it you get there when the ticket counter opens at 4:30, you get right through quick and easy.  Get there at 5am and you are stuck in the crowd and lines.  When traveling with little kids, I would rather get through the lines quickly and have to wait in the saiting area for an hour than get there a half hour later and stand in lines for an hour barely making the flight.  Especially if you PLAN to get there at 4:30, if something comes up you will have some cushion time.

• I used to work for an airline at the BUF airport.  I would say no later than 4:30.  Monday mornings are usually really busy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"