C-sections
Options

Is their a way to avoid keloid scaring?

My c-section incision is a keloid and it is UGLY. We aren't expecting #2 yet but if I decide to have a RCS, I'm hoping they'll be able to cut out the old scar and make a new better looking one.

Anyone have a better scar the second time around?

Re: Is their a way to avoid keloid scaring?

• Options
    I keloid scar really bad and this was my third c-section. With my first, I got an ugly keloid. With my second, the Dr basically shaved the scar off and did some sort of injection in an effort to keep the scarring down. Didn't work; still got a scar. He did the same procedure this time around and I'm hoping it works better than last time. But whatever; with my awful stretch marks from all three pregnancies I will never ever wear a two piece again so it doesn't even matter. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure but My doc mentioned something about cutting the old scar out and starting over again. My body is odd, half the time I seem ti end up with mild keloid scarring and half the time they thin to small white nearly invisible lines. Hopefully this time around I'll get lucky! Maybe one of those products like Mederma or vitamin E once you are cleared by your OB?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just had my first a little over a month ago.  I talked to my doc before my c section (it wasnt planned) and was told they would do steroid injections as they sutured me.  and they used the dermabond?  whatever the glue is called. 

the glue came off a few days ago and I have a perfectly normal scar much to my surprise.  I was told as I healed if it started to keloid to call and they would so more steroid injections to help.  

best of luck to you!  Keloids are the worst! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

I had a keloid scar with my first, my OB removed it but it did come back :(. She said some people are just prone to developing keloid's - I guess I am one of them! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    Keloid scars are genetic and there is nothing you can do about them.
  • Options

My first C/S scar is keloid, I brought this up with my OB this go round.  She said she'll do a steriod injection and refer me to a derm afterwards for "active scar management".

Fingers crossed it'll work!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My first scar was horrible, but my second is barely visible. I told my Ob about the first scar and he did different things to try to reduce the size of the scar. I'm having my 3rd RCS in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping he can do the same tricks to make this scar like my last one :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My first was a keloid. With my second, my OB removed the keloid and said he just needed to stitch me up a certain way to avoid getting a keloid, but it might still happen. His method worked and my scar is much better - flat and only a little pink.
    ** Formerly bellabeck **

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I had a terrible huge keloid with my c-sec. My OB told me , "with your next one, this is what we'll do.......". I told her we were one and one and she said, "Well,  I guess you'll have to live with this then unless you wanted to look into cosmetic removal, sorry"

I wasn't happy, but 3.5 years later, the keloid is gone and the scar is flat and smooth without me doing a thing to it.  It's still pink and shiny, but worlds away from where it was, so there is a chance it will just flatten on its own. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"