C-sections
Options

May be joining you ladies and a questions

Greetings - I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday where my doctor told me that I have a heart shaped uterus.  She didn't seem too concerned but mentioned that the baby will probably have a hard time turning and I have a 70% chance of having a c-section.

Did anyone else here have that situation?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: May be joining you ladies and a questions

• Options
    I have a bicornuate uterus that caused my LO to be breech, so I had a scheduled c/s. As far as I know, I don't think they can actually diagnose bicornuate uterus with just ultrasound, although my doctor suspected it (as it sounds like yours does too). Mine was confirmed with the c/s. My LO was pretty much confined to the right horn for most of my third trimester so her head was always visible in that area! She definitely did not turn and my doctor said they will not attempt a version with bicornuate uterus. He also warned that the more the pregnancy progresses, the less likely the baby is to turn. My doctor recommended I deliver the rest of my children by c/s due to this condition. Other than what I mentioned, I really had no problems with bicornuate uterus. I carried my DD to term and she did not have any growth restriction. My water broke and I went into labor the night before my scheduled c/s at 39w2d!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"