June 2011 Moms
Options

haven't pumped today :(

I've EP'ed since birth.  I've been kind of ready to stop for a while. I've been cutting a session every few weeks.  I got such a wicked cold yesterday that came on so fast, I felt like death.  I 've barely been getting a few oz's through out the day the past few days.  Today, I haven't pumped yet and it's almost 3pm.  I'm nervous, but also ready to be done with this!  Sad

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: haven't pumped today :(

• Options
    Just think how nice it will be not to be a slave to the pump. I'm close to stopping too. I BF at home and pump at work and I'm just kinda over pumping. I feel like I don't know how to stop though. lol
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

imagecvl105:
    Just think how nice it will be not to be a slave to the pump. I'm close to stopping too. I BF at home and pump at work and I'm just kinda over pumping. I feel like I don't know how to stop though. lol

Yes, I feel like I'm trying to occupy myselft so I don't pump.  I feel like the closer I am to stopping, the more I want to pump!

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I stopped I literally was pumping 2 1/2 oz in 30 minutes... I now have SO much more time to play with M. I never even felt engorged when I stopped, that's how bad my supply was at the end.
  • Options

I EP too. Although, I am not ready to stop just yet, I am sure it's going to be very nerve racking when I do. I just wanted to give you support and encouragement.

I hope you get to feeling better.

~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I stopped EPing mid-December.  It's hard at first. Lots of leaking, hard, big boobs that hurt a lot!!!  Be careful, it hurts when LO hits or leans on them.  It doesn't last long though. It was just over 3 weeks of pain for me.  You have a lot of extra time when you stop though.  Good Luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just stopped 2 weeks ago yesterday.  It hurts and I went through 2 yes 2 heads of cabbage.  Ice packs are your friends and yes they will hurt for a few days.  I actually thought I was okay and then started hurting again.  I made it 7 months EPing with DS and did the same with DD.  I didn't get much this time but gave her all I could.  I have to say, I am so glad to have my boobs back.  Just because they were cracking and red even with just pumping.  Selfish, maybe, but I was just so tired.  I have so much more energy when I quit last time and the same is true this time.  Hats off to all the mommas still pumping and BFing. I  think you are all amazing.  I just now I was tired.  Just wanted to through ya some support girl!  Big hugs and high fives that we made it as long as we did!!
  • Options
    imageDani0701:

imagecvl105:

Yes, I feel like I'm trying to occupy myselft so I don't pump.  I feel like the closer I am to stopping, the more I want to pump!

I get that.  I just quit last week.  I knew there was a chance I would be flying across the country with just DS (2 flights, and a 3 hours stopover - each way!) for a funeral.  While I managed once before when also traveling with DS and my mom, it was too much to coordinate with just the two of us on the plane/pumping in the airport/scheduling with family events once there/jet lag/etc. 

I dropped to one pump, and then last week when we did have to go, I just said, "screw it," and pumped every second day until our flight.  I took a manual pump and used it once in 5 days while away.  I have been slightly uncomfy here and there, but it hasn't been terrible.  I do have moments I want to dash and unpack my pump again before it's completely too late, but I also love not having to fit it into my day, occupy a grumpy DS, or stay up late to do it.  I have manually expressed a few drops (maybe less than a 1/4 oz two times) to get more comfortable when leaking, and added that to a bottle for DS. 

I still have some guilt (that it's free, that others wish they still had some supply, but mostly that I am stopping because I WANT to and it is best for MY sanity when it's clearly working just fine for DS)...but outside of those moments I AM SO MUCH HAPPIER!!!  GL, OP!  I hope you're not too sore. 

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I start back at work in April part-time, my little guy will HOPEFULLY be drinking less often because there is no way that I'm going to pump at work. If he doesn't stretch it himself, then I'm going to force him by nursing before and after my working hours. I hate pumping and I think I will be ready to start wrapping it up slowly anyway. I'm happy to breastfeed for as long as he wants - but pumping stinks!

• Options
    I'm contemplating ending EBF/EPing too! I'm nervous and a little sad but also kind of ready to be free of the pump! Good luck. I'll be suffering the big hard leaking boobs and mommy guilt with you Stick out tongue
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options

Oh no. I am so sorry you are sick and having such major supply issues.

I have been slowing down on my pumping since our move on top of the supply issues I was having pre-move and it is sad but at the same time it has made life somewhat easier. I still pump once a day but I seem to be getting less and less in that pump.I feel like in the next month or so I will be done pumping. Just remember you made a great run at giving your LO BM and keeping up with EPing is no easy task. Good job on making it this long.

Hope you feel better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"