Upstate NY Babies
Options

Toddlers-Vitamins?

Do you give your toddler a multivitamin daily?  A took those poly-vi-sol while BFing up until 1yr old then her doc said she didnt need vitamins anymore. Shes 2.5 now and I'm wondering if she should be taking one at all. I forgot to ask last time I was there so I'll have to check next time. Does your LO take one at all? If so, do they take chewables or gummy ones?

Re: Toddlers-Vitamins?

• Options
    I plan on asking about this at Stella's 2 year check up in April.  She doesn't take one now but she eats a ton of fruit and variety of foods so I don't worry a lot about it.  But if her pedi recommends one than we'll figure out what to give her.
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    We don't. And i would only do gummies if she is awesome about brushing teeth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids take vitamins, a probiotic, fiber, and DHA/Omega (fish oil). They are gummy or chewable.
  • Options

We do 1/2 of a chewable with iron. His iron was low at his 1 yr but fine at 2yr, I have just kept up the vitamins anyways. 

I won't do gummies if I can avoid them, he doesn't eat fruit snacks or any gummy candy. They are horrible for their teeth. 

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

We do 1/2 of a chewable with iron. His iron was low at his 1 yr but fine at 2yr, I have just kept up the vitamins anyways. 

I won't do gummies if I can avoid them, he doesn't eat fruit snacks or any gummy candy. They are horrible for their teeth. 

Exactly this except her levels were normal both times.  

• Options
    Our ped told us, because he is a good eater with lots of variety, that we do not need to at this time.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We give her the gummy vitamin once a day - I'm just nervous about the chewing issue.
  • Options
    I think the vitamins while breastfeeding were for extra vitD. If you feed your LO properly then I dont see a need for vitamins. Your body can only absorb so much at once and you'll end up peeing it mostly out
  • Options
    Tyler gets a multi vitamin because his diet consists of plain bread, bananas, apples and peanut butter.  Which is a pretty common diet for AS kids.  I can get him to eat a few other single ingredient foods, but not on a regular basis.  Brianna eats a healthy variety, but she still gets a vitamin because Tyler gets one.  She probably wouldn't get one otherwise.  We do the Disney/Marvel gummies, but not the super chewy ones.  The ones that are softer with a sugar coating like the Nemo, Hanna Montana, SuperHero ones.  We started with chewable vitamins from Wegmans, but I found I was brushing half of the vitamin out of his teeth.  The kids get their gummy at snack time before bed then we brush their teeth about 15 minutes later so I am not too worried about the sugar on their teeth.
  • Options
    T's a good eater but not as good as she used to be especially with veggies so we started giving her 1/2 of a chewable every day.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"