Pre-School and Daycare

Need real-life booster reviews...

Just looking at getting a booster for my 4.5 y.o., as my baby has nearly outgrown his Graco. She's on the tiny side, so I'm leaning towards a harness setup, but am worried about all three fitting into our car with the two Marathons we currently have (one RF, one FF). From reading on this board, Target and BRU reviews, and the IIHS report, I'm looking at the Britax Frontier and Recaro ProSport, both of which appear to be 20' wide, according to their specs on target. Anybody have real-life experience fitting these boosters with two Marathons across one row? Or, is there a reason I should consider another type of booster? Thanks in advance for any recommendations! ETA: we are in the process of relocating so don't have a car yet, but assume it will be a midsize type wagon or SUV.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need real-life booster reviews...

• I have a 2012 Dodge Journey, and I tried a similar set up last week. I have 2 Marathons, a Roundabout 50 and a ProSport. I simply cannot fit 3 across with the ProSport. I would need an extra 2-3" of seat in order for it to work. It might possibly work in the 2012 Durango, because I believe the seat is 2" longer than mine.

I am pretty sure that I can fit my 3 Britax seats across with one forward facing and 2 rear-facing, but that obviously doesn't help you.

You might ask this on 12-24 and page EmilieMadison, she is a tech, so she should be able to give you more advice.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • All of those are very large seats, so it's unlikely you would fit them 3 across anything. From what I've heard the evenflo maestro and evenflo securekids 300 and 400 are the narrowest combination seats, although depending on which graco seat your daughter is outgrowing she may be growing out of those as well (they have the same harness height as the graco nautilus). With two marathons you may need to look into those.

Or you could look into replacing one or both marathons with a radian, which would make 3 across a lot easier. With two radians you might have a chance of a frontier in a 3 across, but it will depend on the vehicle. The frontier is a very wide seat.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, misread, sounds like the baby is outgrowing an infant bucket, so you're going to pass a convertible down and upgrade the 4.5 year old. Then definitely look into the evenflo seats for a 3 across. From what I understand they're the narrowest combination seats that have reasonable height and weight limits and become safe booster seats.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd also look into the sunshine kids radian seats (now Diono). They're supposed to be the narrowest seats around. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Great, I will look into those other recommendations, thanks all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love ours from Sunshine kids or whatever their new name is and the one time I hate to put 37", 31.5 lb Dd in it to go to the doctor after she threw up in her car seat and backup she seemed very safe and comfy. If your child Is big enough for min requirements, can sit properly and follow the rules they are safe in it, if not then you need the harnass. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"