C-sections
Options

RCS moms...how does your scar look after 2+ times?

My doctor told me that the incision will be where my previous scar is.  I tend to keloid, so the scar is a little bit thick (not to bad though).  I'm wondering what will my scar look like after the second c-section...  TIA!
m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RCS moms...how does your scar look after 2+ times?

• Options
    Mine looks a lot better, actually.  The first time around there were lots of complications and it was sort of a rush to get me back together so it was bumpy looking.  Now, at 2.5 months out, it is much less noticeable than it was last time at 2.5 years out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After 2 c-sections and almost 5 years mine is a faint grey line that I can barely see.  I am curious to see what happens after #3.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine looked SO much better the 2nd time... I'm hoping it's the same this time. My scar isn't hardly visible right now... so I'm hoping my dr. can do the same this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It looks the same. The second time it seemed to heal quicker. It only took about 2 months for it to fade. The first time took a lot longer.
  • Options
    I had CS in 1998 and 2001.  My scar is a faint, thin line.  I hate that I'm starting over now.  But my OB assured me she will cut on the same line so I am hoping in a couple years, it will be back to barely noticeable.  Of course only me and DH see it but still......Oh, and I have keloid from burns and skin grafting but my CS scar didn't keloid. 
  • Options
    1 year PP and my scar is light pink and very thin (I had dermabond to close my incision).
  • Options
    2 weeks out, it looks great. I think it will probably look about the same and will eventually be very faint.
  • Options
    My first one is a gross giant purple/red bumpy keloid. I dont't tend to get keloids when I scar either so I have no idea what happened. My OB will be totally cutting it out and using a different method of closing it. I think it's a different type of stitch.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

imagebiblionerd:
    My first one is a gross giant purple/red bumpy keloid. I dont't tend to get keloids when I scar either so I have no idea what happened. My OB will be totally cutting it out and using a different method of closing it. I think it's a different type of stitch.

Mine removed the 1st scar too, looks much better now!

• Options
    I looked exactly the same after time.  Unfortunately, my crooked flap didn't get fixed the 2nd time around.  ;-)
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    I keloid there as well, so my 2nd one looked just like my first one after a while.  Right now I still just have the post-op scabbing.  I am expecting it to look like the previous 2's keloid eventually.  It wasn't too bad. 
  • Options
    My c-sections scars are extremely thin and faint.
  • Options
    Pretty much the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"