Health & Exercise
Options

Question about dress sizes two months postpartum.

Hello! Random question- wasn't sure what forum to put it in- and I figured that the ladies in the Health and Exercise forum would probably know. :) Hopefully this is the right place for this. If not, my apologies. Anyways...

My baby is due in two and a half weeks (woohoo!). My sister's wedding is just over two months after my baby comes, and I am the matron of honor. I am going to order the dress tomorrow.

Here's my question- my original dress size is a 12. I realize I'm not going to be a 12 two months after birth (probably). Should I get a 14 or a 16? I was thinking a 16 would be the safe choice- I can always get the dress altered- but I'll feel silly if the dress is swallowing me up. What do you all think? I'm going crazy trying to figure out what size to do. By the way- if it helps, I haven't really gained any extra weight besides in my stomach, so I don't think I'll have problems in my arm or leg areas.

Thanks! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about dress sizes two months postpartum.

• Options

I think this is a hard question for anyone to answer - because everyone is different.  I was back in all my pre-pregnancy clothes at 2 months post-partum.  Some women are able to be back in their regular clothes almost immediately and others are still 2 sizes larger 6 months (or more) later.  I don't even think you can predict based on previous pregnancies!

You're probably better off getting something too large - it's usually easier to tailor down than tailor up.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It is really tough to guess.  Everyone is so different.  If you are breastfeeding, you also have to take into consideration that your chest might be much larger (even larger than your pregnancy boobs).

I'd go up a size, but not *too* big.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is the dress fitted around the waist?

If so, Id go with a 16 just to be safe. You can get it taken in if necessary. I ended up with an unplanned c-section, and I definitely still had a poochy belly at 8 weeks postpartum, plus my bust size grew a lot in those first months due to breastfeeding. I wore clothes that were loose fitting around the waist/hips for about 12-16 weeks after delivery.

• Options
    It's really different for everyone. I was back in my normal clothes at 4 days PP, though I had a muffin top. A couple months PP I was back to normal besides my boobs which were huge.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I did decide to go two sizes up. It does stink to not know how big I'll be, etc. Hopefully it works out well. Not looking forward to getting crazy altering done around the arm/neck area, which still looks the same... oh well! Thanks for the advice. :)
  • Options

i did not fit in pre preg clothes at 2 months pp.  i went up to a 14 when pregnant and stayed at a 14 for awhile, started at a 6 pre preg.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation and will be in my sister's wedding 3 months post-baby.  We actually went to a trunk show for the bridesmaid dresses she's looking at, and the designer of the gowns suggested going two sizes bigger when I order.  So, it sounds like you made a good choice!
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"