Preemies
Options

Reflux Help, Elevated Head of Bed

My LO is taking Gaviscon for reflux and it has definitely helped her decrease the number of bradys.  In fact, she had one every other day for about a week, all this time her crib was elevated as a precaution.  Yesterday, the doctor changed to a flat bed and she had two bradys, so we're back to the elevated bed (about a 30 degree angle).

So, I was told to expect her to sleep in an angled crib at home.  But, the doctor can't recommend a product to achieve this, as no product is endorsed by the AAP.  Who has made this adjustment for their LO?  Did you find a product to fix the crib or did you construct a clever fix on your own? 

With so many worries about SIDS and the safety of the crib, I am very worried about doing this right.  If the bradys stop, she could be home in a week and I need to be ready!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Reflux Help, Elevated Head of Bed

• Options
    DS2 sleeps in a Fisher Price RNP sleeper.  It is perfect for reflux.  I do believe it is very safe while they are little.  (My son is too big and I'm about to switch him.)
  • Options
    FIsher Price Rock N Play... The.BEST.Product.Ever!!!! We never ever ever would have survived having a reflux baby without it. It is good from preemie to 22lbs I think. We would still put our 16.10lb boy in it if he wouldn't stand up in it!!!! :) Get it... get 2... best $50 you will ever spend... I promise!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the AR pillow and it was a lifesaver.  We had tried to construct our own, but nothing seemed to work and his GI recommended the AR Pillow.  GL!
  • Options
    We just used a plain ol pillow from our bed and put it under the crib mattress at one end.  Worked fine.  If I had known about the RnP, I probably would have bought one of those. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much, everyone.  The RNP sleeper is on the way and we're planning to put pillows under the crib mattress, so she'll have a safe spot for sleeping upstairs or downstairs.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    my little one has reflux and we just roll up a towel or blanket and put it under the head of the mattress to give it that angle.  Also what works for me is swaddling her in the crib and the rolling up a receiving blanket behind her back so that she is on her side a little bit. ( I know everyone says "BACK TO SLEEP") but this is the only way she'll sleep and that I feel 100% sure that she wont choke on her spit up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"