Minnesota Babies

Need OB/GYN recs for Plymouth area

Hello!  My family is moving to Plymouth at the end of the school year from TX.  I'll be around 22 weeks pregnant by the time we move up there, and am in need of a new OB.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! TIA:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need OB/GYN recs for Plymouth area

• I go to Park Nicollet - Carlson clinic, it's at the corner of 394 and 494.  I see Kathy Ringhofer, she's a nurse practitioner, but she's fantastic.  My OB is Dr. Locher.  I love Kathy, have gone to her for years. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I go to John A Haugen Associates.  They have locations dowtown, Edina, and Plymouth.  I went to the downtown location and now go to the Edina.  My OB is Dr. West and she is at all 3 locations and I really like her.  They are in the Health West building in Plymouth at 494 and 55.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to MN!

I also go to John A Haugen Associates.  I see Dr. Elfstrand and I have been very happy with her.  As PP mentioned they have a couple locations.  I think each doctor has their specific days at each location.  For example, Dr. Elfstrand is in Plymouth on Tuesdays.  I would highlight that the downtown and Edina locations are easy to access from Plymouth.

You may also want to start looking into hospitals to see if you have a preference  and allow you to ensure your doctor delivers at said hospital.  I have delivered twice at Abbott and was VERY happy with the experiences. 

• I go to OB/GYN West they also have several different locations, they have one in Minnetonka which would be closest. I see Dr. Larson...good luck and welcome to MN!
  • imageajswart:
    I go to OB/GYN West they also have several different locations, they have one in Minnetonka which would be closest. I see Dr. Larson...good luck and welcome to MN!

I 2nd OBGYN West and Dr. Larson (love her!). 

BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • I see Monica Norwick (MD) and Julie Halverson (MSN, WHCNP) at the Park Nicollet Clinic in St. Louis Park. They are both wonderful!

Also, if you need a recommendation for a pediatrician, I highly recommend Liz Hass (CPNP, IBCLC) at the Plymouth South Lake Pediatrics location (at the intersection of 494 & 55).

• Wow!  Thank you all so much!  This really helps.
  • Not too bad of a drive from Plymouth..... so I suggest Dr. Block from Clinic Sofia. She delivers at FV Southdale. Love, love, love her! Her colleague, Dr. Roberts, is very nice too.
  • you may also want to check out Oakdale OBGYN...I have seen all of the docs there because of my high risk pregnancies and preterm issues and they are ALL fabulous.  I usually see Dr. Shannon Harris, though. :)

One thing I really like is that they have 4 office locations (Plymouth, Maple Grove, Robbinsdale, and Brooklyn Park) and 2 hospital choices for delivery (North Memorial in Robbinsdale and the new Maple Grove Hospital which is affiliated with North Memorial)...and, important for ME, both hospitals have a NICU that can accomodate early babies!

Good luck and have a safe move!

• Thanks again!  I'm sure I'll have a ton of other questions once we've moved.
  • I second Oakdale OBGYN.  They are great!

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

• image62406:

imageajswart:
    I go to OB/GYN West they also have several different locations, they have one in Minnetonka which would be closest. I see Dr. Larson...good luck and welcome to MN!

I 2nd OBGYN West and Dr. Larson (love her!). 

Dr. Larson is fabulous! I recommend anyone at that clinic. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"