C-sections

Staple question

As I get closer to d-day (Monday...4 days away eek!) I am starting to get nervous about pain.  I am a huge wimp, and my current worry is about getting the staples taken out.  I will get them out on day 3 or 4 before I leave the hospital.  How bad is the pain???

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

Re: Staple question

• I had to go back to the doctor a week later to get them out. It didn't really hurt, I barely felt it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, the staples are a silly thing to be worried about!  I had mine removed the day I left the hospital and I barely felt a thing.  Certainly no "pain" associated with removing them.  The pain came from the giant hole they just cut through my whole mid section! 
    May, 2010, DH DX: Low Testosterone
    July, 2010, DH SA: 3% morph
    July, 2010, DH Rx: 50 mg Clomid EOD
    BFP: 9/3/10 ~ M/C: 9/7/10
    BFP: 10/9/10 ~ My beautiful Grace Dorothy was born on 6/14/11
    Beta #1 (12 DPO): 111/24 ~ Beta #2 (16 DPO): 722/23 ~ Beta #3 (20 DPO): 3,338/15.3
    BFP: 11/14/11 ~ Spotting/Betas not doubling, but HB of 113 bpm @ 6 wks 1 day!
    My Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DH's Low Testosterone/ED Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine came out the day I left the hospital - 5 days PP.  Didn't hurt one bit! I, too, was nervous about getting them out, but really had no reason to be in the end.  Hope that puts your mind at ease some Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh that part doesn't hurt at all - and I am the worlds biggest baby when it concerns pain.  Don't worry, you will be just fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • My ob took them out a day after delivery. Didn't feel anything. I was like, "that's it????" She was like, "yep:)" My pain was so well managed that I'm hoping it'll be the same this time!
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetreble_clef:
    My ob took them out a day after delivery. Didn't feel anything. I was like, "that's it????" She was like, "yep:)" My pain was so well managed that I'm hoping it'll be the same this time!

This was me too.  Very quick and easy.  Not painful at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This time I had dissolving staples that didn't even need to come out.  With ds, I had traditional staples and they took them out the day I was discharged.  They just felt like a tiny pinch.  On the spectrum of things that hurt with a c-section, that was the least of them.
  • I have dissolvable staples too.
  • Mine came out a week later at the office with no meds and I was perfectly fine.  It didn't hurt at all.  ANd I am a huge huge wimp when it comes to pain.  The iodine stung a little at the end, no where near like alchohol stings or anything just a dull stinging for a second.
  • I was super worried about that too especially since my staple holes were tender and some swollen and oozing, but when I went to the MW at 6 days post-partum, I hardly even felt it. 
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I honestly didn't feel it one bit.  I didn't even know she had started and she was already half way through pulling them out.  You'll be fine!!  No worries!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"