Adoption

Sharing an adoption book with DD's class?

On Friday March 2nd I'll be going to Es class to read to them in honor of Read America and Dr.Suesses birthday.  They recommend we bring our child's 2 favorite books to read.  Well one of her favorites is Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born (we read it every night).

Is it appropriate to share with her class?  Granted they're like 8 weeks-15 months old so not that they'd even remember but still.  Any thoughts? 

Re: Sharing an adoption book with DD's class?

• Yes, I think it's fine.  The 15 month olds (and younger) might not have the attention span for it, but I think the book itself is wonderful. 

Have fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree, I think it would be fine. It's a lovely book :)
  • Loading the player...
  • But can you do it without crying??!  ;)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • imagesilliestbunny:

But can you do it without crying??!  ;)

I can't!!!  I cry every time I read that one!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesilliestbunny:

But can you do it without crying??!  ;)

I used to cry every time I read it, I still get a little choked up, but we read it every night so I know what to expect now.

The first time I read it, E was about 5 days old, oh man... I cried ugly, ugly tears.

• LOVE this book.  My mom got it for DD as a welcome home gift.  I cried, smiled, laughed, everything as I glanced through it.  After my six weeks of leave was up I went back to my classroom of first graders and thought I could read the book to them to explain a little bit of why their teacher had been gone and what adoption was about.  About halfway through I REALLY regretted it because I was so choked up, and watching all those little faces watching ME was hard.  I yelled at my mom afterward 'don't you know what you DID to me today?" lol.  Anyway, I think it's entirely appropriate, if not too emotional for you : )
    Look for me on Facebook! (reply and I'll tell you who to look for!) imageimage Began meds 9/6/07. Donor ER date 10/2/07. ET date 10/8/07!!! Beta 10/19=BFN Began meds for FET 11/21 FET 12/21! Beta 1/2/08- BFN It took exactly two years of adoption waiting, after two years of IF struggles. Our baby is here! imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers http://myifertilityblog.blogspot.com - new post! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"