C-sections
Options

How to deal with rude nurses...

There always certain nurses that are wonderful and then there are ones that are absoulutely rude and horrible. Anyone else experience this? And how do you deal with the ones that really push your buttons??

Example: Nurse pushes super hard on belly after C section while you are holding your baby in arms with no warning.. or just plain rude comments..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to deal with rude nurses...

• Options

Being a Nurse, I have to say, I know there are a lot of nurses that arent in nursing for the right reasons. I am not a Nurse in L&D but I do know that you have a right as a patient to request another nurse. Each floor has a unit supervisor and if a nurse is not treating you with the upmost care, ask for the supervisor or charge nurse.

Theres no reason to me mistreated.

• Options

Well, I am pretty good friends with my OBGYN and anyone who was rude I either told him ASAP or I got ahold of the lead nurse on the floor. 

I only had one rude nurse the first time I was in for my c-section and after I reported her I didn't see her again for the rest of my stay. 

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told the charge nurse. She was never assigned to me again. She dumped my colostrum out. It had just come in and I was pumping for Aidan. When I told the LC the next day her face was complete shock saying that Aidan could have used that.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I had a rude nurse during a trip to L&D back in November. Made me so mad I filed an OSHA complaint with the hospital and with the charge nurse.  I have her name written in my birth plan as to not even be allowed in my room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    I told the charge nurse. She was never assigned to me again. She dumped my colostrum out. It had just come in and I was pumping for Aidan. When I told the LC the next day her face was complete shock saying that Aidan could have used that.

I can't believe a nurse did this!  I would have been so angry. You'd think they'd know how important that was to the baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

imagemagdalina.h:

Why would she do that???  I would have started sobbing immediately.  Did she say a reason for doing that?   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I had a nurse be a little too rough pressing on my belly to check the fundus etc.

It would have been okay had she given me pain meds first and waited for them to kick in, but I was nearing the time for a new dose, and I was already in a bit of pain.

I screamed in agony. My husband ended up crying because he had to watch me go through that.

The nurse told me I was being dramatic.

I "threw" her out. ie, demanded that she please leave (preferably to go get me some drugs)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Luckily my nurses were great. Unfortunately, my issue was with the doctor on call who is at my ob's practice. Between her rude comments and partially taking out my catheter and ramming it back in...not even the whole way....I was done with her. I told the my nurse who said she's heard many complaints about her. That doctor was also going to have to discharge me if my doctor hadn't arrived when she did....I was in the midst of fighting with the nurse that that particular doctor was not allowed anywhere near me when my doctored arrived. Anyway, I fully intend to bar that doctor from my room whether she's the one on rounds or not. I'm not sure how that will work, but I will scream bloody murder if she even steps in my room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I was in the hospital I had nurse supervisors come around asking how things were.  I would have definitely told them if something like that happened.  I was LUCKY though.  Most of my nurses were complete angels and even the ones who weren't the best of mine were still nice.  I would press the call button and ask for the supervisor if you don't want to confront the rude nurse head on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"